PTE Build 80155-pte is now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, March 25, 2015.

1. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Planetary Annihilation got worse scores but is performing better. Yay :)
  2. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

This hints towards what potentially makes PA so unique and a real option as the next big competitive RTS.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Or at how useless those scores really are
    MrTBSC, pieman2906, cdrkf and 4 others like this.
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

You're telling me. The devs kinda killed it with the weird price and terribad optimization in the late game. It's like PA except.....Wait.

:D
    philoscience likes this.
  5. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I know I seem to ask this every where, but, is there going to ever be a fix for the Leviathan. I know it has to do something with graphics chips, but it makes naval battle underwhelming when you make a Leviathan only for it to be invisible and when you zoom out just enough, you can see it stuck to your commander, that and the rouge turrets that wiggle around on the ground. :confused:
  6. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

And you can repro it 100 % ?
    Last edited: March 27, 2015
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Wasn't this specific to old Intel HD graphics? Are you using a laptop? If your on a desktop machine maybe look at getting a cheap graphics card to stick in the machine (you can get something decent for next to nothing on Ebay if you know what to look for)...
  8. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Personally I'm just waiting for Uber to actually implement basic reliable system editing that should have been in place a year ago, then I'll be playing again.

Every time I get the urge to play the game I start making a system, all the absolutely inexcusable bugs show up and destroy my map after hours of work, and I quit the game for weeks.

My stickied "editor bugs" thread in the mapping forum hasn't even once been posted in by anyone from Uber.
    sebovzeoueb and warrenkc like this.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

That doesn't mean it hasn't been read however.
    websterx01 likes this.
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Uber has been specifically much quieter in threads other than their own, and it's working out just fine.
    igncom1 likes this.
  11. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Is that why easy to fix, completely game-breaking bugs in the editor still haven't been fixed after this long? No, it's not working out at all.
  12. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

easy to fix? and what qualifications do you hold that allows you to make that statement?
    Remy561 likes this.
  13. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

You really should try to make a game yourself, then you know that nothing really is an easy fix ;)
    sebovzeoueb, MrTBSC and igncom1 like this.
  14. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Actually, I have worked on a few games and I know their workings quite well, though I do not presume to be an expert. The issue is almost certainly easy to fix, as is evident from looking at how the planet data is stored in the .pas files. Much of the data is erroneously stored twice because of shoddy programming, but only in the case of some of the planets. This seems to be related to the core issue of planet features randomly not being saved at all on some planets. I believe I previously said this in the bugs thread.
    warrenkc likes this.
  15. KnavishPlum

In what way? Sorry, I am new to the reporting bug thing.

Umm. I just played a game and the Advanced Fabbers were not responding to any command, they just went on an auto patrol, I have no clue what happened.

and yes, I am using a laptop. HD graphics 4000.
    Last edited: March 29, 2015
  16. KnavishPlum

I know this may be one of those odd ball post but, If you have seen me before, I have done this.

This place is so friendly!! Everyone is so nice! I really like coming here after being in the mist of battle on Way-point sometimes. I love PA!

And Aeson!!!:p
    Last edited: March 29, 2015
    Remy561 likes this.
  17. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

I mean do you have definite steps to be able to reproduce the bug every time?
  18. xtr0nx

xtr0nx New Member

Still getting instant crash when just trying to play a single player AI skirmish right after the solar system loads.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Have you started a thread about this in the support sub forum?

A few questions:
    1: Have you ever had the game working on earlier builds?

2: What operating system are you using?

3: Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

4: Have you tried the game in both offline and online modes (go into settings -> Local server, change the setting from 'on / auto' to 'off' to force the game to online mode for a skirmish).

There are also a number of bits of software that can cause strange problems and crashes, @SXX or @DeathByDenim can probably help you more with those.
  20. KnavishPlum

Yes, it just happens every time I spawn in a Leviathan, I don't need to do certain steps, it just happens every time.