Assault Carriers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Warhead2121, March 20, 2015.

?

Should the assault carrier be added

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No (explain why in topic)

25.0%
  1. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

My problem with transports is the are horrible to micro and a pain in the ***. We already have the unit cannon how is this really any different? It's just a bit too similar in functionality.
    How about a carrier that drops in long range siege weapons that are immobile normally without the aid of a carrier. They could have a cool setup annimation, have a nice bassy thud when they fire. They could look and fire sorta like the battleship guns. Great on land for seiging bases.
  2. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach New Member

What about t2 interplanetary pelicans still only one unit but they could go interplanetary...
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The orbital transport is exactly what that is.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

thing is they never had to be.

FA did it fine. the UI permited by a quick four clicks a permanent drop spam that was completely automated.
  5. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach New Member

Good point. I was thinking of something more like the Pheonix in its interplanetary abilities but i see that it would be largely redundant with the Astreus
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

it is vastly different in the unitcannon being very expensive and having to rebuild its units .. and without any transport units are stuck on their destination
    transports would be cheaper and could transport vanguards and shellers f.e. as well .. so you could prepare a larger invasionfleet quicker than building up numbers of unitcannons ..