Bit more realism

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cody8598, March 21, 2015.

1. cody8598

cody8598 New Member

Ok I do like PA in it's form now, but I feel like something is missing, you know in the preview trailer, where they've shown us this asteroid being launched, and then got blown into pieces by catapults? And after those pieces hit the ground there was lava everywhere on the planet, why isn't something like this implementet yet?

Or another thing I'd like to see in PA:
    If you blow up a moon next to a planet with the laser, some pieces should hit the planet and cause chaos, it would add a bit more tactical depth,

and maybe a new effect, when a planet hits another
    Sorry for my english :Ü
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

that trailer merely showed that when an asteroid or planetoid is close to impact nukes are ineffective ... and in reality they are as well ... nukes are only good for taking out the engines and not busting the planetoid .. there was some talk about craters fom planetoidimpacts being filled with lava so you can' t build on that area anymore limiting your buildspace so that would be something i like to see ...
    trilioth likes this.
  3. trilioth

trilioth Member

I like the idea of lava filling the crater.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Just a note, but asteroid fragments randomly impacting on a planet's surface doesn't increase tactical depth. It increases the randomness of the game state and thus reduces the ability for a player to use both tactical and execute strategic skill.

I'm not sure PA is designed for increased randomness in gameplay. Other RTSs have been, and I like what they do, but what matters most is if PA is designed for such a thing.
  5. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Yea that would be better than everything in the vicinity of the crater spontaneously combusts.
  6. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

And what if your commander gets killed by your own debris?
  7. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

And nothing about hurling giant asteroids or giant lasers built on natural spawning "metal" planets are realistic. Not sure why you chose to use that title.
  8. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

>realism
    but muh awesome
    nateious likes this.
  9. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

I'd like to see the aircraft obey a bit more realism in their flight patterns.

I'd like to see the commander movement sounds synchronized to the commander's legs (for those that have legs).

I'd like to see the arms on the factories not immediately reset to their starting position when a unit is produced (which is unsightly), but rather fluidly move back.

I'd like the camera view to be smoother and perhaps even obey a small bit of flight-like physics; currently it's choppy.

I'd like to see lava bits shoot out of volcanoes a la Battlezone.

I'd like to see aircraft destruction look less like exploding rocks.

I'd like to hear aircraft in flight.

I'd like to see the power generators flash instead of calmly cycle (but that won't happen).

But ultimately that's all small stuff and I'm not going to lose sleep if none of it ever comes about.
    xankar and ace63 like this.