Co-Op

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by squishypon3, March 24, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Hey guys I really need to find some co-op games for myself and my boyfriend- We just went through some difficult stuff I'd rather not talk about and something to spend time together would be amazing.. We're playing BL2 at, but it's slightly dull for me since I've played it to death by now.

Also if we could keep if compatible to linux that'd be nice...

@cdrkf sorry noticed you were online atm and use linux. XP
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Spring rts is available for linux and can be played in teams (the chickens mod is good for co op play, essentially its starship troopers survival mode :p).

I must admit I don't play much else on linux besides spring and pa... Open arena is fun if you liked quake... I'm sure there's many more but can't think of any right now...
  3. squishypon3

Oh yeah and it can't really be anything multiplayer or something.. He's got social anxiety issues and it's really hard for him to play competetive games and things.

I'm helping him ease into it- but it takes time and social build up. So please vanilla Co-OP games.
  4. squishypon3

Hmm.. I might ask him to get spring, we both own TA because I sent him the GoG installer afaik.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. squishypon3

@tatsujb lord of linux, I beseech thee. XP
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well chickens sound ideal as the opponent is purely ai... No pesky unwanted humans required (besides you ofc) :p

Sorry to hear you've been through a rough patch, been there myself on occasions, main thing is not to give up on each other. Worked so far for my fiancee and I- been together 8 years now so I'm doing something right :)
    squishypon3 likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

remember this? :D

I see it as a bonding experience potentially, not how it panned out in that video xD

portal 2 and any valve game is linux obviously. And portal 2 is the most co-op game of all time. A lot of fun.

then again you can do FAF on linux like me xD I emulate it.

FAF has a coop campaign and a team armies mod that's really really good.

OH ! OH ! OH ! best idea! any survival map in FAF! BESTEST. BONDING.
  8. squishypon3

Oh yeah thank you, were doing pretty nicely by now- We want like a few weeks of just us. I keep steam constantly in offline mode until we need to invite eachother to things- then back to offline mode while we play. Basically just us time. :D
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

BattleBlock Theater is one of my favorites. It has strong local and online coop support where you can either play levels together or play games against each other. Goat sim is also a lot of fun but only supports local coop. If you have a server you could also just muck around in garry's mod together. I think all of that is linux compatible but forgive me if I missed something as I'm still on Windows 7.
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

So, I don't know if it is for Linux but LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is great for co-op. My girlfriend and I have been going at it for a few missions every weekend or so on the X-Box and we both enjoy it. might be able to pick it up pretty cheap at a Gamestop.
  11. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy.
    It's pretty difficult to get into, and I'm not really sure if it works for Linux so I'd recommend trying the demo first. But the coop is BEYOND fun once you understand how the game works, the game's mechanics are just insane.

Or if you want something that doesn't require you to figure out mechanics that are blatantly left unexplained (don't blame you, E.Y.E is really crazy with that) Civilization V's multiplayer is always a good time.
  12. arseface

arseface Post Master General

AI War apparently runs on Linux and it's the best co-op RTS I've ever played.
    Aside from that it's a list of windows stuffs.

Other co-op games I can think of tend to be console titles. Mostly Mario games too. Pretty much any multiplayer Mario platformer with co-op is awesome. Smash Bros challenge modes have good co-op. Monster Hunter is close to a perfect co-op series. Ms./Splosion man co-op is great and it's on the XBawks arcade.

There's also board games. There are a few submissions in the BGG 2 player design contest this year that are co-op. Tower Defense(working title) and End of the Monster Age being the cool looking ones. I don't know of many 2 player co-op board games aside from those ones. They mostly tend to be 3-6 players, so the 2 player contests are nice.