Here's a new one...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Maldor96, March 21, 2015.

1. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

From log:
    Code:
    [19:46:26.070] INFO [COUI] PID: 9360 | 3120 01:46:26.469541 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en/icon_atlas.json
    and
    Code:
    [20:18:32.090] INFO [COUI] PID: 9360 | 15748 02:18:32.266690 Requesting resource read for coui://ui/main/atlas/icon_atlas/img/strategic_icons/icon_si_base_vehicle.png with internal id 12965 reported FAIL
    and lastly
    Code:
    [19:46:22.609] ERROR Error compiling shader liquid_flow.vs: {code for file}
    This happened after a restart of the game when the UI crashed and didn't return, full log is below
    Edit: Log of the most recent game with this issue was "too big" but uploaded is a log with the same issues

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You seem to be a Steam user, so you could try verifying the integrity of the game cache? It kind of looks like files are just missing. Also, try it without mods, just in case. You can use the --nomods flag for quick testing.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think that spamming about mime-type something isn't that unusual and probably unrelated to the shader-crash.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's true, but I've never seen so many in one log.
    warrenkc and ochranindustries like this.
  5. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

If the game files were corrupted then the game log would fill with this error every time I started the game, but it doesn't, and the steam verify didn't flag anything. This happened without mods once upon a time, but I didn't save the log. While it is very possibly a mod could be messing this up, it would happen every time if it was.

Maybe so, but the Shaders are near the other files and just got clumped with this thread, probably a single time issue

After checking with the log vs game files, it does this with every single json file (took a long time to verify this...)

I just wanted to throw this out there into the spotlight, in case someone had an idea to fix this rare bug.
  6. ochranindustries

ochranindustries New Member

I'm getting them as well in https://forums.uberent.com/threads/server-disconnections.68237/#post-1077665

It's a new thing - when I was looking through the logs for my other issues I didn't see any of these until very recently - the last patch or two. A steam file verification showed no issues, and I'm not and have never run any mods.

Adding a logfile. It's error on things like .json and .ttf

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 22, 2015
  7. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Have you played any of the large server ffas in the last day or two with mikeyh?
    I ask because I found the issue again last night and the the only games I played were with mikeyh
    Pinging @mikeyh
  8. ochranindustries

I don't play online as such, only galactic war.
  9. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

They important line in that log file is:

[22:33:25.104] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: Dispatching a message to a non-active view 46 at ContextImpl.cpp : 2245
  10. ochranindustries

It doesn't seem to be affecting anything though for me - I can play the game without any problems. I'm not seeing any crashes or other problems.
  11. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

After some extensive testing and debuging I have determined that this is a game based error and not a mod coding issue
  12. ochranindustries

Yeah, I don't run mods at all and am getting the same error