Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

its promethean Wednesday.... WHERE THE F*** IS EVERYONE!?? :(
    guess im playing alone today :( *playing in a corner.... :( :( :( (more sad faces)
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah I came on and no one was on, so I kinda got doing other things :p Maybe next week...
  3. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

There were a few players on while you were in-game with whatever you were doing. We just didn't want to disturb you. Should we have?
  4. cdrkf

I actually wasn't playing at that point- had dinner and got watching Mythbusters (did you know you can build a fully working sailing boat out of a metal frame + duct tape?!) :p
    Sleeser likes this.
  5. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I was (and still am) writing an essay due tomorrow.
  6. cdrkf

Been there too often :) If your struggling listen to this inspirational music:
  7. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Ohyeah, I've seen that episode! :D
  8. lapsedpacifist

Wow that did help! I wonder if you someone could film a 'trawling through medical libraries for that one reference' montage...
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

You know you can hang a car only with duct tape? ha ha love mythbusters :)
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  10. thatbluehawkeye

thatbluehawkeye New Member

Heeey guys i just wanna say sry for not have been too active lately. but thats because i have been soo busy with school and all but i will be counting on to return in the following week :D hope you guys are doing good ;-)
    May the odds forever be in you'r favor
    Sleeser likes this.
  11. lapsedpacifist

I just upgraded my home PC on a whim, so when I get back I'll have an fx8300 and 750ti waiting for me. Might well be able to stream now, assuming my connection is good enough at the moment (it has good months and bad months). Think getting a slightly more active promethean twitch would be great publicity.
  12. cdrkf

Let me know what your performance is like on that hardware... I 'upgraded' to an 8320 and my machine is exhibiting serious cpu bottleneck behaviors (gpu at only 30% utilisation with 10 fps). I'd like to clarify if that's just the fx or if it's a hardware fault. Occurs in windows and Linux so I think I can rule out software...
  13. lapsedpacifist

Hmm interesting, I was hoping I'd finally find something to outperform the A10 chip in my laptop but maybe not. It should arrive Monday at the latest so I'll let you know how it runs. Should definitely be a step up from my rather old phenom II though.

I also find PA hardly touches the GPU btw, rarely pushed my 550ti which I'm replacing past 30% or so.
  14. cdrkf

Well after a bios update and some more digging I know whats wrong... the FX is throttling back when the cpu temp goes over 61 degrees. What's odd is I have a large aftermarket cooler on there (brand new and installed with the CPU) so I'm thinking the temp sensors are faulty. Every-time the action gets a bit heavy the cpu is down to 1400 mhz :/

At least I know *whats* happening.

I'll have to try adding some case fans maybe. When the cpu is running at full speed the game performance is pretty good.
  15. lapsedpacifist

Hmm I was wondering whether I should buy a new CPU fan when I ordered the CPU, sounds like it'll be a good idea. I'll wait till I'm home and measure up my case.

But no way can PA be pushing your CPU to 61 the whole timr, it's not that intensive surely?

Also just checked and that is indeed th exact CPU I've ordered, so we'll see if I run into the same problems.
  16. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Promethean In-Clan Tournament #4 is happening, tell us what time you are available:

http://strawpoll.me/3891588

The tournament will, as usual be a 1vs1 swiss tournament of 4 or 5 rounds.
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  17. cdrkf

PA is very CPU intensive. It loads (at least partly) pretty much all of the cores, and the CPU turbos up to 3.7 ghz. At that point the CPU starts to heat up. Thing is I am using an Artic Freezer 13 (http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/freezer-13.html) which is rated to 200w. Looking in my case though, it's kinda tight for space and I don't have any case fans. Essentially I think I need to look at increasing the airflow, as it is a 125w cpu.

As a quick test I took the side of the case off and that makes a big improvement. It might simply be a need a roomier case with more ventilation (this is an old gaming case I like, it used to house a P4 though so it was never designed for such high wattage components).
  18. lapsedpacifist

Yeah I was about to buy one the other day but saw a few reviews saying they don't fit in a lot of tower cases. I do have 3 case fans though, so that should help. Does it get that hot even in 1v1s? Cos my laptop gets pretty hot in multi-planet games, but can run single planet games barely heating up at all, even team games with hundreds of units. I've even left my browser and spotify open in the background before and it stays cool.

Computers are weird.
  19. lapsedpacifist

The two most popular dates are the 2 I can't do :(
  20. cdrkf

Yeah it heats up whatever I do, I think that's due to the graphics card though as the cpu runs flat out to keep it fed (running an r9 280 which is basically a hd 7950 so quite a powerful card).

I get over 100 fps on high settings at game start... Then the cpu gets hot.