Total Annihilation - Modern Edition for Modern Computers?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by nillabomb, December 5, 2014.

1. nillabomb

nillabomb New Member

I don't know who owns the IP for TA, but I think it would be wonderful to have a new edition of the game remastered with modern graphics and a lifted unit cap. In my opinion TA is the best RTS of all time and it would be really cool to have a modern version of it!
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's owned by wargaming.net they payed a few hundred K $ (btw Uber was the #2 in the action :s) for it and so far ... have shown no activity in doing anything with it.
    warrenkc likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

That's sort of the point of PA.

Play mods to make the game more like TA, obviously I have a bias so I think you should check out Statera. :3

However RCBM is also really good and there's actually a mod that puts in all units from TA in PA as two new extra factions by @raevn (not nearly complete yet as we are just now able to but animations in game), and in working on a separate but similar project that uses a lot of TA's unit values, but PA art.
  4. Matster

Matster Active Member

If I remember correctly there was some talk after Wargaming.net acquired Gas Powered Games and the TA franchise that Chris Taylor and company will make a sequel to TA but now they are probably working on World of Planes and World of Warships :)
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Hey what happened to those logo designs for Statera?
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Random- but I used one as a quick logo! :)
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i don't see any sequel for TA or supcom comming any time soon ... yet i am intrested in what ashes of singularity will offer ...
  8. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Like this? http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43210

Sometimes there's talk of such a thing ... but making a game is hard and time consuming. It would be a really cool community project if it had the right mix of effort and skill behind it. It wouldn't have to be crazy with multiple spherical battlefields like PA. But just a back to basics RTS by and for people who "get" TA. The big question is not if it should be done, but whether or not it would have strategic zoom. I guarantee that would be the hot issue between the TA purists and the SupCom fans. :)
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Out of interest have you come across the spring rts engine? It evolved from the ta demo recorder mod, is fully 3d and features a really nice remake of ta called 'balanced annihilation'. It is multi player only though.
  10. arabella1234

arabella1234 New Member

lifted unit cap. In my opinion TA is the best RTS of all time and it would be really cool to have a modern version of it!
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

As I said above, try Spring RTS :p

Full 3D engine, 5k unit cap per player (up to 16 palyers!)...
  12. HeadClot

HeadClot Member

13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni