Words cannot describe how pissed I am- save doesn't work, crashes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by quantics, March 16, 2015.

1. quantics

quantics New Member

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a pro at this game, but I'm decent at rts

I'm playing galactic war, the save feature doesn't work. Every time I try to load it gives me a "connection to server lost"

All I have is the ability to do advanced orbital, and basic air. It's ridiculously hard to invade an enemy planet if they've set up anchors and you have no superweapons. I've cleared a ton of planets already and I haven't been able to get any new slots, nor anything other than basic tech.

Nonetheless I manage to power through it, and JUST as I'm firing lasers down from orbit on the final commander the server ******* loses connection

WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS I've already spent SIX ******* hours on this mission. I've been telling my friends how great a game this is and they're thinking of getting it but I'm starting to change my mind about that now.
    Twinstar likes this.
  2. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

*breathe*
    ace63, Remy561, stuart98 and 4 others like this.
  3. quantics

quantics New Member

Hey man, any person would be furious if you were on the cusp of completing something after playing for 6 hours only to get the middle finger from the devs being negligent about server stability
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Don't go around saying the developers are negligent - it could just as easily have been a blip in your own internet connection, surely? You'd be better of just playing AI skirmishes for now until save/load is fully implemented for Galactic War. GW is getting a big update soon. You knew what you were getting into! I know it is frustrating and by all means start a discussion but don't go bashing on the devs! :p
    jeffwadsworth, stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

So wait- you went into PTE, right? =l
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Galactic war saving is pretty unstable right now (i didn't even know that was released)... not sure if there was a disclaimer or anything.

AI Skirmish saving is pretty much flawless afaik.
  7. quantics

quantics New Member

It was not my connection, it's only been happening with this game. It crashed at least 4 times, and right after each I'd check my browser and connectivity was fine there. It was only after this last crash right as I was about to complete the mission that was the last straw.

I've done a few searches and looks like others experience the same issue. Considering this issue hasn't been fixed still raises concerns
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It was literally released on Thursday in a beta state.
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  9. quantics

quantics New Member

I don't mean the save feature, I'm talking about the crashing
  10. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Its a brand new build. The devs probably just need some time to solve your problem.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. quantics

quantics New Member

Alright, I've cooled off. I'll lay off this game a few weeks for some of the kinks to get worked out before I give it another chance

I was just frustrated, no one likes having their time wasted let alone hours
    cwarner7264, Remy561 and GoodOak like this.
  12. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I feel your pain, every update since the Save/Load feature was added has been more unstable than usual. Just when it was getting better, too. More server disconnects, more UI crashes. I suppose if you're desperate you can try hosting a local server, though I don't know if you can do that for Galactic war. On the other hand, I did have an incident where I couldn't reconnect to a local server even as I saw the server.exe process running happily a few PTE versions back.
  13. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

there's a big red "BETA" warning label, perhaps maybe this is why it is not perfect
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Probably a good idea to wait a bit more, the state of save games in GW is very very likely not stable yet. They however pushed the build to get more test data on it, that is why it has the beta warning. If you have a bit of free time and want to help try to reproduce your issues and report to the devs what you found.
    Planktum likes this.
  15. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Honestly don't bother with the GW for now, its pretty trash compared to just solo vs AI games tbh. I'm interested to see what they come up with in their update though.
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

How does one let a galactic war game last six hours in the first place?
  17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

No, I case you haven't noticed, PTE got pushed to "stable" last week on Thursday. Maybe a bit too early...
    Last edited: March 17, 2015
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Read the op, air Only....
  19. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Galactic war is getting an overhaul in the coming months or two. It was originally planned for march, but I think the save/load feature has delayed this for a month or two since it required total rewrites of many standard game systems ;)
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General