Two end of game chrono cam bugs.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reddreadmorgan, March 14, 2015.

1. reddreadmorgan

reddreadmorgan New Member

Summary:
    When a game completes and chronocam is engaged, the mass/energy readouts no longer sync to time, and recon view always "all", and cannot be set to other teams. This is different than behavior in previous stable versions.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. play a game with 2 or more teams for a few minutes so that the chronocam has a decent amount of time.
    2. Win/lose the game, press 'chronocam' button on the victory dialog.
    3. Scroll back in time using the chrono cam.
    4. view the economy readouts for all the teams.

Expected: Economy panel updates to the mass/energy income for all teams at that time.
    Results: Economy readouts remain at end of game status.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. play a game with 2 or more teams for a few minutes so that the chronocam has a decent amount of time.
    2. Win/lose the game, press 'chronocam' button on the victory dialog.
    3. Scroll back in time using the chrono cam.
    4. Press single teams'Eyeball' icon in the status panel (upper left).

Expected: Recon changes to reflect the given teams view/radar radius.
    Results: Recon never changes, and is stuck on the 'all recon' mode.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Dunno if anyone else has found this yet, but I've discovered that if you make sure the simulation never reaches its end, the Chronocam works as it use to.

I.e. if you die, quickly press the chronocam button before the end-game-screen shows up, and rewind chronocam a bit. Then when the end-game-screen shows up, and you can just click "chronocam" and you will have a working chronocam instance.

This has made the eco/army bars work for me. Haven't tried the recon thing, just tried out starting builds.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

Yeah the only way to get this work seems to be to click "chronocam" on the end of the game as quickly as possible and instantly rewind. the end of the game seems to break something there^^
    edit: this works for me only 50% of the time...

Also, it doesn't help if you are in chronocam when the game over screen is appearing, regardless where you are time-wise.

This one is really annoying, especially with the eco balance changes.
    That is because the eco tab is the main point for most players to look at when they want to come up with or modify a build order.

I got all excited when I noticed the 79380 hotfix, but sadly the bug is still there.
    Last edited: March 16, 2015