Tomorrow's PTE Release - save/load feedback here please

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by forrestthewoods, February 25, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That also happens with the multiplayer chrono cam when a game ends.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-build-79020-pte-now-up.67988/page-29#post-1072952
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@forrestthewoods

Can you please post the current status and known issues for save/load functionality so that we know what should be working now for testing.
  3. jables

jables Uber Employee

Save/Load (first pass)
    -Very first pass on Save/Load now in game in its beta form (there will be some bugs, but we wanted to get this out for players to make use of asap)
    --Save/Load now works with AI Free For All skirmish
    ---Currently it will not remember dynamic alliances
    ---Currently has issues with alliances ending the game
    --Save/Load currently does not function for Galactic War
    --Spectating won’t work after you lose a loaded game
    --The sim will freeze while saving. This could take shorter or longer depending on amount of stuff being saved
    --You can also view save files as a replay
    ---In the future this will allow you to pick a spot in chronocam and load the game there, though it is not yet functioning
    -Next passes will be adding some of the missing functionality from above, including Galactic War and resume from anywhere in a replay.

Those would be my patch notes on it currently.
    Remy561 likes this.
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Thanks.

I did some basic testing last week and saved what I thought were three test games called test, test2 and test3.

Only test2 shows in my saved games and fails to load with connection to server lost.
  5. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

*facepalm* :oops:

So I'm guessing the AI return do default setup on loading hasn't been fixed for the release of this LOL. Either way, I've got a couple threads in support that I'd love some feedback on:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...fo-json-now-with-logs-and-save-uploads.68285/ Has anyone been able to reproduce not having the info.json write to disc? The only thing I can think is maybe I hit "quit" instead of "surrender". I was in a little rush to leave at the time..... :(

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...fo-json-now-with-logs-and-save-uploads.68285/ Was gonna try to load a save that would take a while to re-save to test out the above theory, but now that save won't load :(
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Loading a game removes the economy handicap setting from AI players.
  7. nevr0n

nevr0n New Member

Has multiplayer save been implemented yet? I was playing a 2v2 AI with a friend and about 2 hours in decided to look for Save game. It was there so I assumed it worked but now I have no idea how to load the match back up.
  8. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

9. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I don't think there is multiplayer saving, just saving of games against the AI.