Commander Explosion vs Nuke Explosion

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by jtibble, February 27, 2015.

1. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

The commander explosion and the nuke explosion are exactly the same size.... yet the damage from the nuke is 16.5 TIMES the commander's death-damage. Would it be possible to either

1. Shrink the commander explosion effect to appropriately match its damage-output (this will make the comm explosion super-wimpy, but that's exactly because it is weak)

2. Dramatically increase the damage caused by the commander explosion at least 2 or 3 times to better match the fancy blue mushroom cloud effect.

3. Apply more damage to structures surrounding the commander

Current (stable) stat comparison:

COMM
    • Damage: 2000
    • Full damage radius: 20
    • Splash: 2000 damage, radius 110

NUKE

• Damage: 33000.0 DPS: 33000 damage every 1.00 seconds (1.0 shots per second)
    • Full damage radius: 125
    • Splash: 33000 damage, radius 150

Numbers coming from http://pa-db.com
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I approve, only because chain-reactions were always fun back when 3 commander explosions kill a commander at full health, and because with recent buffs, 4k doesn't kill anything more, than 2k didn't already. Which is basically, guranteed to units, and not structures.
    zweistein000, mjshorty and Deletive like this.
  3. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

i think a buff so that all structures nearby are destroyed.
    Planktum likes this.
  4. nateious

nateious Active Member

Yes please, watching my army die when the enemy commander goes up, while all the nearby factories survive pretty much unscathed always makes me sad.
    stuart98 and Planktum like this.
  5. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I always wished that commanders created a crater when exploding. But that would require the explosion to destroy everything so you won't end up with floating buildings or armored units.
  6. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Absolutely in favor of this because its insane
  7. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I tried to do this for the nuke mod, but crater api doesn't work any more. :(
  8. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

I think this month they were hoping to improve this floating buildings/units bug, so it would theoretically become possible to implement this again.
  9. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Jep, that is a huge problem. My favourite would be CommanderNuke= Nuke, Uber should have never thought of CommanderNuke<Nuke!
  10. klavohunter

klavohunter Member

Commanders don't do enough damage when they die, so commboxing isn't the insanely dangerous game of chicken it was back in Total Annihilation.

Being able to wipe out buildings with a commander explosion makes the Commander a semi-viable high-priced nuke for shared team games.