3d Printed commanders

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by hungryheffly, March 1, 2015.

1. hungryheffly

hungryheffly New Member

Yes, you might say: Why. The real question is why not? you could 3d print the commanders (make them a little more detailed maybe :p ) and sell them! who wouldn't want a Osiris sitting on your desk?
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Why settle for just Commanders?

[​IMG]

;p

Mike
  4. hungryheffly

hungryheffly New Member

hell yes
  5. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

I WANT A BLACK AND BLUE ARMALISK SITTING AT MY COMPUTER DESK YES PLEASE SOMEONE
  6. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

Hah, someone was busy while I was away.

Is the resolution still not good enough for you?
  7. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

-already a link to there-

(planning to reboot that thread soon, with videos of time lapses this time around.)
    Last edited: March 13, 2015
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

These were not printed on Consumer Grade FUD style Printers like my previous Ant and Dox tests, they were printed by Shapeways using Industry grade SLS Printers that use Nylon powder as a material and a Laser that does the actual "Printing" by fusing the Nylon in the shape of the item being printed. These in particular were also polishing in a large vibration set-up with a ceramic polishing medium. The Units seen above were also dyed prior to polishing as well to give them their color. It's an amazing process but the waiting can be a real killer! xD

Mike
  9. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

Ah yes, SLS and SLA are far superior in detail. Colorjet is really cool, but I'm waiting for Full color FFF. That will be the day.