when will asteroid belts be ingame?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nuketf, March 9, 2015.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what people generaly suggest is
    it being brought back with pathingblocks however it being improved in a way that units leave full wreckage rather rarely and adding more pathable ruble depending on rate of ovekill ...
  2. nateious

nateious Active Member

Yep, that is similar to what I was thinking and sounds like the best option.
  3. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

4. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

5. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

Not in the way I would make them. I would make it so that you could only move units onto them and build a teleporter on them, they could look irregularly shaped, and you could take 5 of them to create a small planet (or have an option in the planet editor that says you need to take 2-(something) amounts of these asteroids to create a radius 80-500 [another slider] planet). There would be a small option on the asteroid belt after you build small planet engines on it (not halleys, another structure that can be built on it) and smash them together to make another planet at a certain selected (valid) orbital distance from the sun (option named "CREATE PLANET"). Plus, people say that small moons = asteroids. I would disagree with that statement, there can be an asteroid belt that has multiple celestial bodies in it. It would also count as a "single planet" (meaning, while in game, there would be one icon that stood for the asteroid belt in the top right corner) even though they are multiple asteroids supposedly spread out in a ring around the sun, where as you can have a max of 16 planets in the system, so if these asteroids were small planets, then they each would count as one, but in my case it doesn't work that way. If you were to repeatedly click on that planet option in the planet top left option menu you could cycle through the asteroids until you reached the asteroid you wanted in the asteroid field. If in the planet editor you wanted to create a certain amount of asteroids in that asteroid belt, you could have a slider that says "number of asteroids" and you could slide the bar from 4-50. You could also change the shape of the asteroids using the "seed" option. Also I would suggest that you could pick out a specific one of the asteroids and use the option SEND TO ANNIHILATE to do what a normal planet could do, except as suggested above using something that is similar to halleys, but not halleys, and less expensive resource wise.

I find my way around everything, don't I?
    Last edited: March 11, 2015
  6. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

How is this not beneficial to gameplay? There are planets without naval units, and planets where land units are impractical, why not planets with no air units?
    ace63 likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

@tesseracta I'm sorry but you gotta know when something's overambitious.

units have enough trouble pathing as is.

it'll just cause too many complaints about things not working and the game being bugged and we already have enough of that as is.
    Last edited: March 13, 2015
  8. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

One day they might have more sophisticated programming techniques to do something like this without having it bugged... Maybe a Mod to test it out? I'm sure if the mod was developed enough to prove that it could work then maybe people would be more keen to want to see something similar in-game... maybe it could be if Uber had nothing else that wouldn't be too OP to add or balance in game, then they would attempt to make a bug-free update adding asteroids.

After all, PA has had a lot of bugs in the past, in fact, I have encountered at least 8 glitches so far and noticed them.

And yes, I do know that it isn't like they can pull this update out of a hat with a magician's touch...