Can we get this forum onto tapatalk?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by squishypon3, March 9, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Hey @LennardF1989 is there a way we could get this forum onto tapatalk? It's a way to view forums on mobile that I believe sends you phone alerts when you get alerts on the forum, it'd be really great for mobile users I'd say. =)
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

At the time I looked into it, the plugin for XenForo was highly unstable. I'll relook into it.
    Remy561 and squishypon3 like this.
  3. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

And while you're at it, why not remember the last two IP's of users instead of one. When my wifi is bad my phone sometimes switches between wifi and 3g and thus I have to log in every time it switches. Especially annoying when you write a big comment which then gets lost since you have to log in again...
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

NOOOOOO TAPATALK SUCKS AND THE ADS TO USE IT ARE ANNOYING

No seriously plz no.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

If you don't use it, it wouldn't affect you, no? :p
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  6. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I'm actually thinking some sort of two-way verification, much like SteamGuard. Login from a new PC once, you will have to verify the IP, after which it will never drop your session if you switch between IPs that are verified. I'll look into such a system. The whole IP thing right now is security so one can't steal your cookies (man in the middle attack) and login as you.
    Remy561 likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

People on typical customer connections who get a new IP every 24h will probably need quite a while until all IPs they can get are verified.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. Remy561

He could ofcourse just remember the last x amount of IP's ;)
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Doesn't change the fact that you would need to login to all IPs you might get first to verify they are "yours". The IP verification is good for security, but not very comfortable for users.
    Well nothing unusual, security is rarely comfortable. Best use a proxy with a static IP to access the forums.
  10. Remy561

True, didn't think of that. Then of course the setting could be disabled if people want to, just like with steam guard.
  11. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Perhaps remember MAC addresses? That's how I had thought that Steam does it.