[WIP]TotalRedux2.0

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by thetrophysystem, February 16, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

WIP: Updating to newest version of PA and possibly PA:T, not yet re-released.

This mod's intent, is to keep essential unit role and balance when possible, but make drastic changes to:
    1) Reduce economy expansion and unit mass, while speeding up build times, limiting the player with metal with a more "storage" economy.
    2) Reduce the power-gap of T2 to [T1*2.5=T2]. T2 is cheaper, but still an investment. T2 strengths are only "Utility", most T2 stats resemble T1 stats with a major specialization. As a result, "highest health" units cap much lower, including the commander and t2 factories, the former healthiest units in-game.
    3) Simplify costs, healths, unit stats, where possible, so that as many things as possible share similar traits.
    4) Add sorely missed utilities, such as less abundant and constant reconnaissance, Naval Teleporter, and combat-capable commanders, and buildable commander-equivalents.

Background Gameplay Mechanics
    ---Economy
    ------Commander Metal Gen = 35, T1 MEX Gen = 7, T2 MEX Gen = 7. Attempting to reduce "reclaim" return.

---Weapon Priority

------Attempt to associate every weapon, to prioritize best target of opportunity, and by importance. Rapidfire weapons target bots, shell weapons and grenades target tanks, fabricators are prioritized, torpedo-based weapons prioritize other torpedo-based enemies, ect.

---Build Speed

------Build times are increased to consume slightly more economy than is expected to generate. Costs are set so most things cost several seconds of economy, limiting build to stored metal.

---Commander

------Commander health is 4200, primary cannon fires 70 damage at 1.5 rof over 110 range, AA is now Flak Beam and does 35 damage at 0.8 rof over 60 range. UberCannon now does 800 damage (enough to kill small structures), but drains much energy over 15 seconds of charging. Metal Value is 4200, and starting storage is 4200.

---Structure Health

------t1 factory cost are 1400 and have 1400 health. T2 factories cost 3200 and have 3200 health
    ------Turrets are tierless, all cost 280, all have 630 hp, slightly longer range than units, and higher damage per shot and rofs. Land consist of rapid-fire (low dps) and armor-piercing (overkill). Air consist of missile (high damage), and flak (low damage with wide AOE). Naval consist of torpedoes (can hit underwater) and cannon (can hit land).
    ---Underwater
    ------"Underwater" is only visible by underwater, torpedo-defense, and a couple of hybrid-naval, and not by land/air/orbital. As such, cannons provide decent damage balance to ship cost/health/land-combat, while torpedoes provide excellent damage to ships while being immune to cannon-fire and unable to attack land. Lack of naval leads to lack of submarine detection.

---Air
    ------unit speeds now 32 for combat and 40 for t1 fighter. Unit costs for t1 are 210, and for t2 are 525. Healths are 140
    ------cost are expensive, high risk with a high reward. Anti-air is effective at attrition.
    ------T1 "Firefly" now an anti-bot 5-shot strafe-gunner. T1 "Bumblebee" now an anti-armor strike-bomber. T1 "Hummingbird" now solely fastest unit and steady high AA. T1 "Pelican" now has "standard" health and speed.
    ------T2 "Hornet" now multi-layer missile-attack plane, T2 "Phoenix" now ammo-restricted high-damage slow fighter, T2 "Kestrel" anti-bot gunship with massive health by air-standards in a fashion similar to the "Vanguard" of air.

---Bot
    ------"Basic Bot" speed set to 16, and cost set to 70, Healths are 30. Dox do 10 damage at 2 rof over 80 range. Grenadier do 70 damage at 0.5 rof over 80 range. AA-bots make a return at cost of dox's aa, named "Terbulence" do 14 flak-damage at 1.2 rof over 30 range. Combat Fabricators are cheap and long-range but squishy. Booms explode on death, don't friendly fire, and their range can damage an inferno if killed by it.
    ------"t2 bot" speed are 16, and cost are 175. Healths are still 30. "Slammers" do 20 damage at 2 rof over 100 range. "BlueHawk" do 70 damage at 0.2 rof over 80 range, but are anti-land/sea/air/orbital. "Gil-e" damage are 70 at 0.5 dps over 180 range. T2 Combat-Fab have 110 range and tank-health of 420.

---Tank
    ------"Basic Tank" speed set to 11, and cost set to 140, Healths are 420. "Ants" do 105 damage at 0.5 rof over 100 range. "Skitter" do 15 damage at 2 rof over 100 range. "Spinners" do 28 missile-damage at 0.8 rof over 60 range. Infernos have 840 health for 140 cost, and do 105 damage at 3 rof.
    ------"t2 tank" speed are 11, and cost are 315. "Levelers" do 315 damage at 0.5 ROF over 110 range. "Vanguard" have 1260 health and do 30 damage at 2 rof over 90 range. "Shellers" damage are 105 at 0.5 dps over 180 range.

---Naval
    ------"Basic naval" speeds are 11, and cost are 210, Healths are 420. Parahna do 15 damage at 2 rof over 120 range. Orca have 630 health and do 105 damage at 0.5 rof over 160 range. "Narwhal" do 28 flak-damage at 1 rof over 40 range, as well as 105 torpedo at 0.5 rof. "Barracuda" are underwater, and do 105 torpedo at 1 rof. Naval Combat Fabricators are as good as t2 bot combat-fab, and are "underwater".
    ------"t2 naval" cost are 525. Healths are 630. "Leviathans" do 70x4 damage at 0.5 rof over 240 range. "Stingray" do 70 damage at 0.5 rof over 160 range land/sea/air/orbital, as well as 105 torpedo at 0.5 rof. "Kraken" damage are 105 torpedo at 1 rof over 160 range, and an additional 105 cannon at 0.5 rof over 160 range.

---Orbital
    ------Not Yet Nigel

---Superweapos
    ------Not Yet Nigel (prob just be an arbitrary 6000 cost for nucks and 2000 a control point)
    Last edited: January 28, 2017
  2. thetrophysystem

Reserved. (Why do people "like" "Reserved" posts???)
    Old Version Notes Below:

DalekDan and stuart98 like this.
  3. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

The only thing, well one of the only things i see wrong with this is you have extended the number of units that can one-hit each-other, now levelers are added to this list? There should be as much as a handful of units that can be one-hit and only by certain units surely??

Otherwise this all looks pretty intresting. PS how does the grenadier hold up with that reduced range and its high arc projectiles?
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  4. thetrophysystem

The grenadier was given high arc in vanilla when walls height was increased. And in the mod, their price was reduced and damage was increased. They are a swarm unit, which is a role that infantry fits. They are also amphibious but cannot use weapons underwater. Basically, they are like anti armor dox, while dox are like anti-infantry and anti-air.

Besides that, EVERYTHING 1 hits infantry except maybe infantry, and rapidfire does less dps but kills more bots in the same time period while shells only kill 1 every 2 seconds. Vehicles actually have survivability. Levelers 1 hit kill because they are levelers, anti armor vehicles. Shellers had that removed, which technically means units had 1 hit taken away as well as given.

Also, as far as progress on this mod, I am waiting for the next stable to do more code. I will need to port old numbers to new .jsons when the devs make significant changes to unit weapons and unit ammo .jsons. I know there are several bugs in-game that will be less a deal. I am considering giving t1 factories their health back and eco structures health too, as well as tanks even more health along with their current damage. I will have to tweak costs of infantry compared to damage to make them worth against tanks, but the point of tanks is survivability and repair, compared to bots having to sacrifice their lives to commit to a strike but being cheap and mobile.

The point thought also, is that infantry is cheap and mobile but die in 1 hit, tanks are slow and high health and more expensive, and both bots and tanks have rapidfire units that are low damage but kill bots faster, and explosive shell units that kill tanks and structures quicker but pick off bots more slowly shot per shot. That is the main point of this mod, including changing the vanguard into high health machinegun unit, and the leveler into a basic tank with heavy damage cannons, and the grenadier getting cheap cost and big damage.
  5. thetrophysystem

Really? I will look into it with the recode. But I got them using teleporters for sure, and I gave them teleportable and transportable with weight 1 and pelicans have "use" and they have "use". But originally, I did have trouble with them.

Right now, this is admittedly broken. I just need the next update to come out so I can apply current numbers to new build code, so I don't do work with old code that breaks next build. Sorry guys :/
  6. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

But if Leveller's one hit levellers isn't that just as bad? -- if you have played any of the the eugen wargames you might remember how irritating it is when tanks instadie against each-other and it almost seems like luck.
    I understand why you did this I think (side-grade camp yes?), But I am of the belief a heavy tank should be heavy and Snipers already fill the role [one hitter] don't they? (I'm also of the belief that no one factory type should have all the counters, a player should need bots and tank not bots or tanks). Good the sheller no longer that op everything killer it was. I

And grenadiers arc changed in this? The vanguard seems interesting, sort of like the sumo? (TA). How does it work in practice?
    Last edited: March 9, 2015
  7. thetrophysystem

The vanguard works like an apc, except the machinegun does dangerously high amounts of damage, even to structures, but the range is much lower than the leveler that I believe does higher damage anyway.

The leveler, I have tested it in gameplay, and to be honest, I could lower the price slightly along with halfing the damage and keeping it's fire rate significantly higher. That way, it does twice the damage of a t1 tank, but still comes 1 t1 tank shell away from 1 hit killing a t1 tank. Then again, if I increase t1 tank health more, like I am planning to, then it shouldn't matter anyway.

Levelers don't 1 hit each other right now anyway btw. I think they too come 1 t1 tankshell short of killing each other, unless that may have been a local change I made without pushing to public, in which case Levelers will be getting 1 hit more health than t1 tanks in future updates anyway.
  8. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Sounds good, worth a try at any rate. Will miss the uber-cannon vanguards but i really like a lot of the the stuff in your change-log, and hope that one day some of them eventually migrate to vanilla.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

10. thetrophysystem

Working to update this mod, along with various changes. Editing first post.

This was changed so Levelers and such "near-death" each other, a single t1 shot finishes them. Peregrine still 1-hit though, but aren't the most cost-effective fighter, though I might change it.