PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think the create unit cheat is broken in PTE?
    zx0 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yup, still broken for me.
    zx0 likes this.
  3. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/why-cant-you-place-unit-cannons-on-water.67837/

This really needs to be fixed soon...

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/system-editor-broken-pte-78194.67998/

and this
  4. atifg

atifg New Member

he latest PTE-Patch really gave me a heads-up! If you continue doing that rebalancing stuff, continue to enhance the system editor to become more powerfull as well as easy-to-use at the same time and think about some more naval units like submar...
    This was how I wanted to start this post. Then you did another PTE-Build. And we´ve got submarines!

Ok, let´s be clear: If you take a look at current speed, it´s possible to rerelease PA as an "enhanced edition" in summer. Why rereleasing? Course the metascore of PA is low right now and "review updates" are ignored by Metacritic so if you wanna have a high Metascore (and big press attention anyways!) for the game you´ll have to do a relaunch!
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

In theory, this should be possible quite easily.

Refactoring parts of the present AI for that purpose should be possible as a long time goal. The AI consists of several component, which are all superior to the stock behavior / controls. That's not only limited to being able to work towards goals set by you, but also includes several other AI assisted features such as a much smarter target priority and alike.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so i finaly got around playing a bit ... definitively like the new arc of grenadiers ... makes them a good choice for attaking enemies behind walls .. range could still be more imo ..
    a problem i dislike is that units just don´t seem to form convexes or lines around their targets and so often units run into their death very often ... worst when aa is along them
    doud likes this.
  7. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Targeting problems are not at all solved. Anchors like to ignore things underneath, my ships don't fire at their full (indicated) range, the pelters don't fire at their full (indicated) range... etc. I'm starting to think that the range circles are just completely made up at this point... I don't think they are scaling correctly (if at all?) to the planet radius.

I'd give you a replay ID, but I can't finish a game because either the UI crashes or the server disconnects, and reconnecting doesn't work. Also tried to load a save game and got booted back to the menu, or just stuck loading.
  8. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

@jables
    Client version 79020-pte
    I just had a coherent crash (without selection box this time), but I was unable to select anything. I had to alt-F4, and when reconnecting there was no proposition to get back into the game I was playing with the AI.
  9. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Commander can't assist factories. Air fabber on factory in the case that happened to me.

Don't agree with that change if intentional
  10. doud

doud Well-Known Member

read the thread, sorian already mentioned it was unintentional and would be fixed in next pte.
    elodea likes this.
  11. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Some other issues. I'm not reading 37 pages so if someone else mentioned it, just ignore me.

1. There's something wrong with attack targets getting cleared and prioritising correctly.
    - Units are not switching from walls to enemy units which are in range
    - Dox sometimes not shooting mex which are in range or bombers flying overhead
    - Naval unit targeting getting stuck on factories
    - combat fabbers get stuck trying to reclaim a tree on a mountain/csg.
    2. Pelicans cannot shift waypoint unload/load chains. e.g. unload unit x, load unit y, unload unit y, load unit z, unload unit z.
    3. Attack-move causing units to sometimes freeze in this position for some reason.
    4. Its really easy to block mex with factories that don't visibly look like they should.
    temeter, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  12. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

I'm noticing more of the attack issues when assaulting a commander. They seem to prioritize for a while but then it all falls apart later on in the match. Hard to say whether it's just a specific amount of time or a specific trigger, like when an enemy commander is spotted by my assault force.
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Out of interest with point 4, very often when it appears you've blocked a mex say on your opening build (i.e. your commander *cannot build it at all*), using a fabber instead allows it to be built...
    temeter likes this.
  14. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Also, area build covering a single point may work where a click build wouldn't.
    pieman2906 and cdrkf like this.
  15. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Replays are not working properly, all units/structures are invisible
  16. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

You need to Reload View if this happens.
    Under "Settings" click on "Keyboard" and then "DEV MODE" to find your key binding for "Reload View".
  17. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

that was the first thing i tried...
  18. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Interesting, I always thought it was just a thing of the factories hitbox being bigger than the factory. The block seemed weird tho. Definitly a really old issue.

Independently of that bug, I think having some visual represantation of a factories run-off area (e.g. some kind of platform) would make organizing your base much easier. Building with invisible collision boxes is a bit impractical, to say the least.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

But that's the thing, it has two boxes. One that dictates where it can be placed (and kind of what can be placed nearby), and its actual hitbox.
  20. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I'm ofc talking about the placement. It would be nice to have some indicator.