An Orbital Overhaul

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mered4, March 6, 2015.

1. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

Just Mod it....lol
    tatsujb likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

more upvotes for this man upload_2015-3-7_0-6-47.jpeg
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  3. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

It was a joke...
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Adding space ships is the best option otherwise orbital will always be boring
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

spaceships are just a different type of model ...
    it does't matter if it's ships or satalites ... it can aswell be just a floating box ... what matters is that the units work well with and against each other ...
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Come on, nitpicking isn't really the goal here. They could be based on a satellite model - it would be the same role.
  7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Frankly at this point in time I am not overly concerned with what model type that Uber uses (Although I wouldnt mind it sharing a similar style to what I've done). The main point is that orbital just needs more units in order to get rid of the current avenger spam fest. Seriously. "The enemy has a few avengers ...... we need to spam more than them. The enemy has a few anchors..... Well we need to just spam more avengers". The orbital warfare overhaul mod is pretty much our vision of what orbital should be like, and I know that not everyone would agree that orbital should be like this, but at least its a heck of a lot better than the current spam fest that is vanilla orbital.

Also one of the earlier comments just reminded me of another gripe that I have with PA that needs to be addressed (I may make a dedicated thread for this if no one else does). Why does it take so long to upload mods like our orbital mod to the Uber servers and for other people to download them? The mod is only 30mb overall. It should not take 20 minutes for someone to join something like and orbital warfare overhaul match or for me to upload it. I cant even play my own mod because it takes so long to upload it and for other people to download it.
    Well miniature off topic rant done.
  8. MrTBSC

i honestly rather like to have strong swords that give the enemy an insentive to go after you so he doesn´t rest on his passive defenses ... with the current version we have lategames that favor heavy shielding ...
    the problem with the ssx is it heavily likely that it runs into static defense range and is easily dispatched so i rather have a ranged artillery that outranges defenses like umbrellas or tacmissiles but is easy countered by anything mobile such as avangers and bluehawks f.e. ...

another idea would be statinary on planetsurfacet interplanetary artillery ... but that is quite difficult to realize without going back to the nuke/unitcannoncapsulemethod of interplanetary ammunition ....
  9. mered4

The SXX in its form for the OWOM is perfect for cracking turtles with fleet support. Any other option breaks the initial conditions: difficult to rush, useable for planet cracking, easily stackable.
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I like the current SXX tactical laser.

Introduce the SXIX strategic laser.
    Nicb1 and mered4 like this.
  11. MrTBSC

or the SXVX - EX strategic artilerysatalite :p

with a large red glowing projectile for that extra "well sh*t" moment of your enemy ...

@mered4
    who says units that are introduced later on may not fullfill these conditions? they may aswell be better suited for the roles in mind ...
    Last edited: March 7, 2015
  12. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I think space ships looks allot cooler than lasers..the orbital over haul mod seems to be using the best model I just wish people were actually playing it
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Personally not a fan of having space ships over 1960's satellites.
  14. mered4

I honestly don't care as long as they look cool and do the job :)
  15. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

we should name it...
    SPRS-BTSKS
  16. MrTBSC

you may call it
    Susan
    if you like :D ...