Mod Market

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tatsujb, February 23, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

That's not in game though, the whole point is to have it in game so people can lose some of that negative perception of mods.

Like how Valve games have an integrated marketplace (and at least a connected mod thing with the Stwam workshop) We don't want to use the workshop though as that'd mean the mod marketplace would be exclusive to steam users.
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Speaking of which, how's that TA conversion going (or is that on hold due to 'legal issues'?)
  3. jables

jables Uber Employee

Mod Marketplace is currently a much lower priority. We are seeing a good number of awesome mods, but as for the Uber side, we are concentrating on core gameplay.
    Remy561, Nicb1, theseeker2 and 4 others like this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's neither a yes or a no.

I'm judging by the total absence of the usual "soon" that this is one we won't be seeing at all ;)

I'm sorry to be forcing an answer in this case but this is one that is REALLY hurting the mod scene.

both a "yes" or a "no" can make the mod scene explode. Of course the former would do so much more but "maybe, maybe not" is just a invitation for the mod scene to stagnate.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

I can't tell how priorities will fall later, which is why it's not something you can just answer.. that being said, if you wanted to force one, I'd go conservative and say no.

Now if we get time later on to get back to it, it'll be a nice surprise.
    Remy561, squishypon3, tatsujb and 2 others like this.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

@jables thanks. I value honesty above all things.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Though some of these mods should be a part of the core gameplay...
  8. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

Could we get an in game link to PAMM? So people that don't check the forums can still learn that this game has mods?
    cdrkf and tatsujb like this.