Replay replaced with someone else's and weird mod desync

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Azarath, March 4, 2015.

1. Azarath

Azarath Member

Hello.

Yesterday I had a game with a friend and two hard AIs. It was a Free For All game and quite intense.

Now when I wanted to view the replay it's not there. Instead another replay of a game which I have not played is there. And I don't know any of the players present in that game. It's not the same map system either.

But there's is another weird thing. We played with mods, Orbital Overhaul and Wrecks.
    The thing is, I didn't have access to any of the Orbital Overhaul stuff, it was like the mod never was enabled for me but my friend could build everything related to the mod.

I couldn't build solar arrays nor advanced radar satellites. He could build Lancers, all the space ships etc.
    I couldn't build any of that.
    There was no problems with Wrecks.

I have no idea what caused this mod desync thing.
    Everything works as it should now.

Still, I would like to find that replay to overview the whole thing.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The mods probably are both server mods? Combining server mods like that is bound to create weird issues.
  3. Azarath

Azarath Member

Yes, they are both server mods, and we both had them enabled.
    We have played with those two mods before several times with no problems.
    But the other day I disabled them while trying PTE. Then I changed back to Stable, enabled both mods and... you know the story.

I'm surprised the game didn't crash.
    We're planning on doing another game later today.
    If the issue remains, I guess we have to stop playing with those mods for a while then.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

If you can make it happen consistently then that would also be good. Then we can figure out what's causing it.
  5. Azarath

Azarath Member

We discovered the cause of the problem. It was because my friend had forgot to update one of the mods.
    So I was running a more up-to-date version.
    Ever since we haven't run into any more weird stuff
    DeathByDenim likes this.