Evil Twins - 1v1 tournament, open to all

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, February 10, 2015.

1. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Oooh, wow, look at all those P's in the qualifier :) That is good.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Strength in numbers - House Promethean
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Meh all that means is none of our players were invited into the 2nd part, which is full of players from that troll clan (I forget the name)...
    stuart98 and lapsedpacifist like this.
  4. xankar

xankar Post Master General

This is going to be one exhausting tournament.
    Zaphys likes this.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

Just to note, there is still a possibility we push this out before tournament. If we get save/load to a stable place with current features, we will push to stable to get more data. We do not currently have save/load to that spot, but it may be there before mid march.
    stuart98, Remy561, wondible and 4 others like this.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Your such a tease :p
    xankar likes this.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

If it's pushed to stable will maps include the new ladder maps?

Edit: I have no idea what that means and I wrote it. Will the map list for the tournament grow if PTE is pushed to stable with it's new maps.
  8. Quitch

For the qualifiers definitely not, for the finals it would depend on the date the patch came out. We'd look for players to have at least five days to get to know the maps, so if it's a shorter period than that then we'd probably exclude them.
  9. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

The order of maps for the qualifiers will be as follows
    • Round 1
      • Forge
    • Round 2
      • Berg
    • Round 3
      • Duat
    • Quarterfinals
      • Pacific
    • Semifinals
      • Forge
      • Meso
      • Berg
    • Final
      • Styx
      • Pacific
      • Berg
      • Meso
      • Forge
    tomofleeds, xankar and Zaphys like this.
  10. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Only for people like you, who plan to get to the finals :p
    stuart98, xankar and jonasmod like this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

If you can, please do. :p
  12. tomofleeds

tomofleeds New Member

Quarterfinal on Pacific will be the definite end of me (if I even make it that far)
  13. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

If you are signed up to this tournament you will have received an e-mail from info AT exodusesports DOT com with some pre-tournament reminders. It will have gone to the address associated with your eXodus account. Please be sure to read it.
    xankar, Zaphys and proeleert like this.
  14. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

You must be present in PA Chat in the patournaments room no later than 1830 UTC. Failing to arrive at this time could lead to your removal from the tournament.

So be on time!

All the other info in the mail is also important of course.
  15. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people hate Pacific... naval is so much fun (because of units having very definite roles and because there is rock-paper-scissors counters to some extent) and that planet is meant to be played with heavy naval builds.
  16. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Main reason I don't like Pacific is because it all stands in who gets that t2 navy out first. Building T2 naval being something that I suck at doing (because I don't know when to do it) so I naturally just dislike those two maps.
    I'm not saying there's a problem with how that works, it's just my reason (and I'm sure the reason of others) as to why I hate the naval maps :p
    Merely my own inability.

P.S. I'm used to fighting players in higher plat and uber so I don't know games play out at a lower level. (Dont mean to assert some kind of superiority)
    xerkt likes this.
  17. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Playing against plat/uber players I have experienced that default t2 rush strat quite a lot too, but I think if you actively scout and you manage your T1 units efficiently you can gain an irreversible edge while your opponent is building the t2 factory. I've won several games just by harassing and taking map control while the other player was building T2 naval. Also, they tend to go for leviathan first, just prepare a squad of subs and you can easily consistently snipe any leviathans that leave the security of the base and if they dont, well, just wait and use your eco superiority to crush the base.
    Belladar, cdrkf, Quitch and 1 other person like this.
  18. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

@Quitch when do sign ups end. Also will the pte be in use for this? Um also @cola_colin is it possible to make a ui mod that fixes factory placement?
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No, that is server side. Personally I'd love to play the tournament on the new maps tvinita makes with PTE, the current stable is boring compared to them, I wont play if it is stable.

EDIT:
    actually stupid me, a UI mod that fixes factory placement is possible ofc.
    You can increase the placement size client side and that will basically make you place factories further apart. However it means that in some situation you won't be able to place a factory in some location while a normal player will be.
  20. Quitch