PC Rig Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thebigpill, April 21, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

[REDACTED] :p
  2. squishypon3

I have plans for getting a new mouse sometime, I'm also about to be passed down a desktop tower. So good opportunity to get bad *** keyboard and mouse. The mouse I plan on getting is simple in design, white, and has two extra buttons, one on the left, and one on the right. (I'll use one for teamspeak and one for ingame mic most likely in CS:GO. XD)
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

If you wish you may use my counsel on what is a good or a bad mouse.
  4. squishypon3

Its different per person, I may not enjoy the same shape as you.

Remember I've been using solely stock HP mouses (is that right for this?) For the entirety of my lifetime with computers so far. I've interacted with other people's mouses at times though, sometimes the shapes seem and feel odd. I'll probably get something simple shaped yet functional, nothing geometric like the rats nor something really swoopy and dippy and "FUUUUUTURE".
  5. tatsujb

Huehuehuehuehuehuehue
    that's what I have.
    [​IMG]
    that's what I mean. geometry and rats are terrible.
  6. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Oh, mouse advice. Too bad the OP of this thread doesn't seem to frequent this forum any longer, this thread might've gotten quite entertaining otherwise. x)

(Sort of) on his behalf I'd suggest to keep in mind that many of the more fancy and expensive mice that show off their incredibly high dpi numbers often aren't nearly as good as they claim to be.
    I'm currently looking for a new mouse myself and haven't really decided yet. My current one is a zowie fk, which fits in the "simple and functional" category quite well imo. Sadly the lens is very sensitive to dust, and mine started jittering. Again, not that long after taking the whole thing apart and cleaning it thoroughly. :confused:
    So uh...iunno :/
    Also, here is a long, rather boring but informative video about mouse sensors:
  7. squishypon3

@tatsujb thought youd be interested, I just got my full tower.

Will post pics soon. :D
  8. tatsujb

squishy what a tease...

have you turned into Uber?

saying soon and meaning (noooooooooooot) soon?
  9. squishypon3

I'm in class atm. :p
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

*Still on forums*
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. squishypon3

SHHHH...
    websterx01 likes this.
  12. squishypon3

Okay guys, totally forgot I didn't have a USB keyboard to make sure it used the right thing to boot up with. All I had was a wireless keyboard that doesnt get detected (either because the drivers aren't installed yet or wireless keyboards just don't work in the startup/bios/etc...

<iframe class='imgur-album' width='100%' height='550' frameborder='0' src='
    tatsujb likes this.
  13. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I know an abundance of lights in a case doesn't help performance at all, but it sure as hell makes it sexier.
  14. squishypon3

Clearly lights due to their sexy factor of 105.2 times mass times excelleration add a significant boost to overall performance.

Squared, and plus 3... Times pi.
  15. arseface

I was more inclined to believe that sexy lights boost the users performance, not the computers.
    Diaboy likes this.
  16. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I've been custom building a case for a wee while now, and just got to the 'send the design off to get laser cut' phase - then discovered that what I thought of as a relatively unimportant component will cost me £120. Hurk. Will have to post pics when I get it finished.
  17. tatsujb

Greatttt! Squishyyy!!!! you're gonna be a PC elite just like the rest of us!!

Two things:
    1. Flip that goddam psu over before I sick myself!
    2. get a real keyboard... common it doesn't have to be mechanical just ditch wireless and perhaps throw in backlit, by now you have that for the same price. You don't want latency and battery problems messing with your life of a perfect flawless being
    upload_2015-3-3_13-7-50.jpeg
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  18. arseface

I use wireless internet through the walls and it has low enough internet latency that I can play games just fine(ping under 60 on servers in-state).

If you're telling me that a wireless keyboard will have noticeable input lag worse than that, I'll tell you to stop buying cheap keyboards.
  19. squishypon3

I normally would use a real keyboard, but this is a new house, I don't have any keyboards on me. (I used to have many)

Anyway.. The power supply? What is it upside down? Is that why its loose? :l
  20. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Yeah. That fan should be aiming out the bottom.

EDIT: Also, there are screw holes in the back which should line up with similar holes in the case. You should have screws to secure it in place.