Orbital Warfare Mayhem Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by emraldis, February 16, 2015.

1. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

[​IMG]
  2. keterei

keterei Active Member

Hey guys I'm here
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

5. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

All right, thanks to everyone for coming out and enjoying the event! We had a great time, and we hope you did too! We're not sure if we'll announce a winner, since there wasn't really enough players to have a proper tournament, but we definitely think that some good games were had, even if @mered4 doesn't agree! :p
    Quitch and mgmetal13 like this.
  6. mered4

I keep getting killed by the dumbest stuff ever.....

It's really getting annoying. XD
  7. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

Looking back at the video of the 2nd game, we were not far behind economically. We just put way too much into SSX's.

and we forgot about the metal planet...opps.
  8. mered4

I've come to an interesting conclusion: SXX in the OWOM are much better for late-game *nukes* with a dedicated orbital navy than rushed like nukes or triple Unit Cannons.

I mean, I had five of them by the end there. I could have EASILY sniped blue's comms, but I wasn't focused on the intel game. I based a lot of my play on the idea that we were going to be ahead of them the whole time. As a result, I got negligent in my scouting and lost because of it.

Another prime example of why scouting is super important.

mgmetal's right - we spent a bunch of metal on something we didn't use. It's the same thing I did in that Clan Wars game vs Promethean, and it's exactly what killed my team then.
  9. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

That was the design intention for the sxx, we wanted it to be a base destroying support weapon instead of a snipe weapon. So I guess it is working as designed.
    mered4 likes this.
  10. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I looked at the stream and I got to say orbital stuff looked really interesting and fun. I have to host a couple of games with this mod again.

Well done! Maybe the tournament wasn't that big but I still think it did good considering its a mod and a mod that changes orbital warfare.

Hopefully I'll be able to join in next time :) . Good stuff!
    Nicb1, mgmetal13 and emraldis like this.