Robocraft

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by squishypon3, February 26, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Has anyone here played it? It's a pretty awesome game where you build a robot, research new parts in a tech tree, and fight other peoples creations.

Your goal is to advance up in tier which you do by getting either a whole bunch of your tier stuff or a couple expensive bits of the next tier up. (With tier 3 tech points you can buy a tier 4 smg for example)

There are 10 tiers, and megabot right after.

The best part is the game is f2P and from what I've experienced really isn't in your face about it, heck they actually give out a free day of premium to everyone every once and a while through a promo code that appears on screen in a random battle for a couple seconds. Said promo code is the same for everyone and is valid for... idk a week or so I think.

Pretty sweet, if you haven't given it a go you really should. :D
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I played it for a bit. I remember having a complaint about progression but I don't remember what it was.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

websterx01 likes this.
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I played it for a bit but the slow progression turned me away...
  5. squishypon3

If it were fast the game would be over too quickly, I feel the progression is pretty nice right now. But there are a couple balance issues I know of. The ******* rail guns are so OP I swear.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Pfft, Noob! Plasma bomber is best! (at least most fun!)

Actually, I think they are fine unless you fly, then you die :p

I decided to try it after the megabot updates and my bomber still rocks t8 and I've still been in t10 and that's all I care about. The most annoying thing is grinding out tp over low levels to unlock everything. Downside to being in Alpha I guess.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Yeah ive played quite a bit of this game.

Got into Tier 7 not too recently and seems to be doing well.

Rails are fine as most people can't aim them worth a damn, although right now I'm wishing I had a anti air missile launcher to blow away all the damn flyers.
  8. squishypon3

I'm in tier 4 atm, and the whole game devolved into everyone either has the railgun or everyone I'd hiding away hoping not to get shot. it's just a lot of peeking and I feel it had been more fun before snipers were numerous.

Maybe it's just tier 4, we'll see. :p
  9. websterx01

Yes.

I use rails in t4-5/6 and plasma bomber until t8/9. I had a KILLER t9 SMG tank but I took it apart because it sucked in t10, which is 90% SMGs. No variety, which stinks.
  10. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

I like Robocraft. If I'll recognise your name you can add (and maybe platoon) with me.
    Nicb1 and eroticburrito like this.
  11. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Tier 4 is where you are dealing with the last of the "just trying it out" players. When I hit Tier 5 the dynamic changed noticeably. there was a much better sense of team work and people really put serious thought into their bots and what role they wanted to fill on a team.
  12. websterx01

@Nullimus I find that there is a zerg mentality; everybody goes the same way, together. I have no clue how it should be adjusted, and its hard to deal with the fact that greater numbers is better than less, but I hate it.
  13. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

ok, you've convinced me. I'm reinstalling this game on steam now. :confused:
    websterx01 and squishypon3 like this.
  14. squishypon3

Mwahahaha! >:3
  15. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

16. squishypon3

Its Squishypon3, but I'm only tier 4 atm. Might be tier 5 soon. =P
  17. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

18. websterx01

Why art thou never on when I am!?

I see you've expanded your bot army. Not just that hilarious monster tank now.
  19. burntcustard

Does @scathis play Robocraft, or did someone steal his nickname? Just potentially lost a game with him :p
  20. burntcustard

The Realm is hosting an evening of Robocraft fun tonight from 18:00 UTC (7 hours from now, but turning up early is encouraged.) Anyone who wants to join in but doesn't have the Realm TeamSpeak IP can PM me for it.

Anyone who doesn't know what Robocraft is, I'd recommend watching this trailer, and this exceptionally serious gameplay video.

Those playing for the first time can use the code: "COOP-LAND-489367", on the account creation page (whatever that is) for a lump of in game money.

I will be streaming the event.