I wish to be able to host a game.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by DrRayStantz, February 14, 2011.

1. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

It would be great if I could play this game with my friends. I wish for a response to the three PM's I've sent to Uber employees asking for help on the issue. I wish to not be ignored.

I also wish that juice would cost 750 or 1000 credits and increase by 250 each time you buy it. All it does is make one sided games even more so.
  2. Akutare

Akutare New Member

I think I played you in a game yesterday, unless there is another Dr. Ray Stantz.

What is the problem you have with hosting games? We could probably help if we knew what your problem is, if your friends just can't connect, try forwarding the ports given by Uber.
  3. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

Another Dr. Ray Stantz!?! I hope not although the ghostbusters are very cool so there very well might be another one out there.

The problem I am having, and I have a thread asking for Port Forwarding help in the Issues section of the forums, is when either a friend or I try to connect to the other person through the Steam overlay it just says "Server not responding". When that fails we try to find the game in the server menu but we can never see it. I'm not 100% comfortable with port forwarding, which is why I created that one thread, on asking if I am doing it correctly. I have sent 3 PM's to Uber employee's asking for help but they all seem to get ignored. I'll look up my other thread and post a link to it so you can see what it is I typed.

Edit: here is the link viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7696
  4. spirit

spirit New Member

Uber probably isn't responding because....
    1. They don't have time to respond to everyone personally
    2. They didn't make or setup your router. This is 100% a router setup issue which is dependent on your personal situation. Resolving issues with something they're familiar with (the game) is hard enough. Resolving issues with something they have no control or knowledge of (your network) can be a huge time sink.
  5. jmendes

jmendes New Member

Uber has nothing to do with your port forwading problem. Try google.com
  6. Dead Meat

Dead Meat New Member

Check the ports in both Window's firewall program AND your antivirus firewall. (I only needed to adjust the second)

I had to use google to try and decipher what these pros were talking about until I found out that they were talking about firewalls.

I added a new list of ports, based on the ones recomened in the other thread (in the dedicated servers area) and BOOM, I can now host and play games in Blitz and Crossfire (that aren't dedicated).

I only wish people would have told me what "ports" meant and where to find them. Now I feel like a dolt for not knowing how to use my own compluter.