Save/load feature.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by FSN1977, February 24, 2015.

1. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Does this feature enable the possibility to save replays to ur harddrive?
    Maybe a dumb Q. but have too ask ;)
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I think good question.
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

4. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Yes. When you play a local game and click save that file is saved locally.

The intent is to have games played on PlayFab servers also save their files to PlayFab. That way you can load your game on, wait for it, a PlayFab server. This is considered a mandatory feature to support players who do not have a machine fast enough to play locally. This feature is also not yet implemented. It will be implemented sooner or rather than later.

Down the road there should be support for playing a game on PlayFab server, saving a game to PlayFab servers, and downloading that save file locally. That save could then be loaded either locally or on PlayFab. Your choice! This should happen eventually, but it's low priority.

A slightly more tricky case is a game played locally, saved locally, and then loaded on PlayFab. That requires uploading the save to PlayFab. This is much lower priority than many other features.
    squishypon3, lafncow, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Perhaps @svenbrnn and I could look into making a mod similar to System Sharing for this. It will probably depend on how big the replay files are, because we only use free servers right now for system sharing.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

From the sizes we have guessed (and seen) on replay files I doubt free servers will be able to handle a larger number of them.
  7. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I've noticed that not all game replays are saved on PlayFab anymore. Any games that last longer than say 30 minutes don't seem to be saved and these are usually the more exciting games to watch.
  8. svenbrnn

svenbrnn New Member

Didnt have much time for looking at the forum last weeks.
    Making a server for that wouldnt be a problem. The modding part i would leave to @cptconundrum.
    Maybe ill write you in IRC this evening when i get home.
    tatsujb likes this.