Haven't heard from neutrino in a while

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by miliascolds, February 24, 2015.

1. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

as the title says haven't heard from him in a while, hope all is well :)
    enjoying the game so far.
    and in a question for neutrino, should he read this, I have been told the sim is all on one thread, and I thought you had planned for it to be on multiple, guess concessions were made for technical reasons, but is there any plans to get lateral scaling for the sim. it is pretty efficient though if it is on one thread.
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

neutrino has been consumed by sorian's AI
    the end is nigh
  3. jeffwadsworth

jeffwadsworth Member

Don't hold your breath.
  4. superouman

superouman Post Master General

edit : oh sorry i read neptunio instead of neutrino :(
    Last edited: February 24, 2015
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Lol, he works on the game without being a celebrity. He hasn't been on the forums in a while, and when he visits doesn't really message. It isn't hard to imagine though, the other devs like @jables are in charge of the forums as far as any questions goes they can probably answer or relay an answer.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

@jables, please get neutrino back in here, we've gotten most of the trolls back in their holes :)
  7. theseeker2

trolls don't live in holes broski bro, trolls live under bridges
  8. nixtempestas

can't do anything about those trolls, its the big trolls that outgrew the bridges and had to move on to digging their own holes.
  9. theseeker2

preposterous
  10. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

was trying to be supportive of the guy who puts a lot into Uber Entertainment guys, not just be a troll.
    I do realize he's got other things going on, I just liked his comments before. That's not to say i don't like jables as well
  11. nixtempestas

don't worry, wasn't referring to you. Around release time last September there was a lot of blow back on these forums and it got a little out of hand, hence the trolls.

I can't blame neutrino for staying away, but I'd like him back too.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Was going to say the same thing. :D
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

People mention trolls when referring to the RCBM mod team. They were anything but trolls, rather people who really hoped for a spiritual successor to TA and were justly critical of Uber whenever they took things in a direction away from this. If they were trolls, they wouldn't have spent hundreds of hours making a well planned mod to address the issues that they felt PA had to the extent that they could fix it. They were more dedicated to the game than pretty much anyone who's labeled them as trolls and the fact that members of this community still see fit to brand them as trolls is a disgrace to the community.
    Bgrmystr2 likes this.
  15. theseeker2

can make a mod and give feedback without being disrespectful and confrontational, right?
    cptconundrum and FSN1977 like this.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I had to work with them more than anyone else who wasn't "them", and I can tell you they were passionate.

Trolls are intentionally destructive to benefit another work that isn't what they are destroying but may be in competition with it or just not it in general so they don't care. We often have trolls from FAF, we often have trolls from Company of Heroes. Examples of Competition and Unrelated camps targetting destruction.

The RCBM guys were interested in constructive criticism both for PA and a more TA stylized and mechanic PA.

They were more heavily critical in gamma than anything, after the Vanguard program they became more independent of helping the Uber devs and just more torwards doing their own work, which says something because they didn't openly insult the devs like a handful of FAF players we have on these forums.

Now I am not even sure if a lot of them are even as active as they once were, but really the game is getting better despite it may not being their vision of PA what with more unit health and all.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

My response from @squishypon3's thread:

EDIT: I just realised I found a way to farm likes. GG Colin, I'm hot on your heels.
    Last edited: February 25, 2015
  18. nixtempestas

No one has ever called me a troll for making a mod that changes every unit and a fair number of buildings. No one is EVER going to call someone a troll for that, modding is a community advancing activity.

the trolls are those who started resorting to personal insults, attacks and otherwise disrespectful behaviors, regardless of what mod they were affiliated with, if any.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I just post pictures of FA wreckage and get 20+ likes for it.

Your answer in regard to neutrino is a good one though.
    squishypon3, proeleert and cdrkf like this.
  20. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

You must not have been here when **** went down with the RCBM devs.

Anyone can do that. What they expected was a respectful and non-confrontational response. What they got was tounge-in-cheek, and that just snowballed to what you see now. Debates and arguments are two-way streets. It requires both sides to contribute, yet we only saw one side being sneered at. That, right there, is why we can't have nice things.

Nice things like Neutrino being on the forums again. Things like MadSci/Nano giving feedback based on mechanics that made TA one of the greatest RTS games of all time. Things like the Unit Canno- wait we already have that. Oops, ignore that one.

Point is, this kind of thing happens. Neutrino's no doubt in the background working his *** off for this game, which is definitely his pride and joy. He's thrown everything he's ever learned from making an RTS into this thing while allowing the community who played and dedicated themsleves to the very RTS games he made to not only fund the project but help shape the game. Even if he's taking a break from the forums, we have devs here taking notes, asking questions, and generally interacting with the community in quite a positive manner. I agree it'd be nice to see his face pop up a bit more than it is now, but we're a big community with a lot of expectations.

Sometimes, it's easier to take care of things in the background and make everyone happy with what you've done rather than show your face to the community and get an unrespondable-level of questions, statements, and feedback. In my opinion, if that's where he's really needed, then that's where he should be. We'll see him soon enough.