Show commander landing locations

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by evilhands, February 22, 2015.

1. evilhands

evilhands New Member

It would be really helpful and nice if there was a way to see where your allies intends to land/spawn so that you can easier coordinate and avoid double spawning.
    Not sure if this could be solved by a mod or if it is something that UBER could fix.

Thoughts/Opinions ?
  2. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

3. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

I prefer to see saved color markers on map (like it was in TA demo recorder). Each ally member can mark any place on map. When you no longer need in ally's markers,you can delete them in any moment. Maybe add "draw" option too.
    xankar, goofyz3, warrenkc and 2 others like this.
  4. sebovzeoueb

sebovzeoueb Active Member

You can ping before spawning
    nateious and warrenkc like this.
  5. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Yes, but if 5 people place 5 pings, it's still not all that great:

a) pings expire very quickly

b) a ping is just a dotted circle and an exclamation mark. It doesn't actually provide info on who pinged or why

What I would suggest is a marker similar to the initial spawn marker, but rather than a number, it provides you with a name hovering above an arrow of sorts
    warrenkc and eroticburrito like this.
  6. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

We know.But just ping is not enough.
    warrenkc and tunsel11 like this.
  7. sebovzeoueb

Yeah, I guess it works OK because I'm on voice chat with my team mates, I can imagine that with randoms it isn't so easy.
    warrenkc likes this.
  8. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Pings also don't account for fail-spawns, which still do occur from time to time due to the bad UI feedback during landing phaase.
    warrenkc likes this.
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

We just put our spawns in chat, even if we are all in Teamspeak. It's easier to keep track and it's a good habit with randoms. It's not fool-proof, but what is?
  10. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Ehhh pings do the job but something integrated into the UI would be much easier and as jonas said would get rid of those annoying failed spawns when you get two people on top of eachother.

Also, on US/Aus servers chatting to randoms is probably fine 95% of the time, but in Europe you're very often with people who speak different languages. Plus you do sometimes get randoms who just don't talk to you, at all.
  11. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

This works quite well with many spawns, but what if you have only one or two spawns? And 6 players? Yes you can ping it, but you cannot for instance reliably count how many spawns on each spawn, because one player can ping multiple times.

Not trying to argue your method is bad or anything. I do the same thing, but for these reasons I think Uber should implement some from of spawn-marker. It's not killing the game that they do not exist, but it sure is a feature I would expect from a game like this.
    mered4 likes this.
  12. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

There are also people in your team that don't know how to team talk. The whole game is already over when they start to tell everybody where they spawn and what they gonna do LoL

But yeah a way point or marker that can be put. Like max 1 or 5 with text so that they cannot be used to annoy people.
  13. sebovzeoueb

+1 for being able to draw stuff. I'm sure no-one will ever draw anything silly or rude with that... and it definitely wouldn't amuse me.
  14. Debosse

Debosse Member

Oh man look at all these Promethean scrubs ;)
  15. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

1v1 me brah. Welcome back!
  16. Debosse

Debosse Member

Thank you :D