Looking for a mod that can give me more player slots.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by shotogun, February 18, 2015.

1. shotogun

shotogun Member

I want to have an AI or multiplayer game with say X amount of players, preferably over 20. Can anyone help me out?
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The player caps are server enforced. In order to host a game with 11+ player slots and/or 4+ spec slots (There is no hardcoded limit on either category AFAIK so 100+ players and specs is possible, although a bad idea) you need to host a PAStats Custom Server. This guide should help you out: http://exodusesports.com/guides/planetary-annihilation-dedicated-server-setup/

You'd also want to set up a modded server on vanilla that redirects to the custom server so that players without PAStats could join. I think you'll have to ask @cola_colin and @mikeyh about that.
    trialq likes this.
  3. shotogun

shotogun Member

Can I have a 10+ match local side for me and just AI?
  4. shotogun

shotogun Member

Oh I think its the unlimited players mod right?
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yes.
    And you can modify your local server files to allow for more players.
    Planetary Annihilation/stable/media/server-script/states/lobby. There is a MAX_PLAYERS in there. Change it.
  6. shotogun

shotogun Member

Is there also a mod to make a single giant planet that I currently can't make with the limitations? I used to play total annihilation and while I love the multi planet fighting I really want a super huge planet that won't crash my system. The only thing missing is the krogoth. Dang. Maybe there is a mod for that.
  7. guest1

guest1 Active Member

You can use DirectEdit to make planets arbitrarily large or small, but really big planets tend to take ages to load.
  8. shotogun

shotogun Member

I like taking things to the extreme so I was gonna make the planet crazy big. The texture would probably be messed up though. Maybe there's a way to mitigate this.