Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I need to clarify something (some people were apparently confused):
    I was assigned to the orbital game from the beginning of the fixture. Just because OrbNet's name also coincides with the word "Orbital" does not mean he suddenly is magically in control of it.

We also need to agree to some sort of date for a shouting match over that P @ RLM game. That would be glorious.

(FYI, Orb just came back to PA after a hiatus of six months three days ago. You people cannot beat the Orb, Master of PA. He is invincible.)
    mot9001, cwarner7264 and stuart98 like this.
  3. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Just watched the games. Very good games indeed, also: love to see the production values improve by Exodus, keep it up!
  4. exodusesports

Last edited: February 2, 2015
    mishtakashi, Zaphys and mayhemster like this.
  5. knub23

knub23 Active Member

So what about some sort of all-star match after the season? We could find a date and then each team nominates at least one player. CULT would not be allowed to attend because they dropped out.
  6. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

WE ARE LIVE FOR THE LAST FIXTURES OF CLANWARS. #HYPE
    mot9001 and zihuatanejo like this.
  7. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Well played everyone, it was really a great season. And the first match of Promethean vs. PAG today was one of the best of the season.

Looking forward to season 2, hopefully we get more chances to sign in players during the season or we get a list of substitute players.
    Last edited: February 22, 2015
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

I think also that it was a great season but with improvement possibilities. As already mentioned many times, it would be helpful if new players can sign up every time with an advanve of 1 week to the next game. Once signed up for a clan of course a change of clan within the season should be prohibited.

Another thing: The season went quite long! If the next season is maybe with even more teams... it should be thought about ways to fasten up everything. Maybe dont live cast all the games, but do some only with a youtube cast. This allows for parallel sessions for example. If I remember the supcom clanleague I hosted some years ago, it was much faster, since we didnt cast everything. There is even the possibilites of casting replays, or making a fast summary of long games^^ Im sure exodusesports will come up with an idea.
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Thanks all for playing and viewing the last fixture today.
    Personally I think it was one of the better fixtures of the league, really awesome matches this time.

When we do Season 2 we will change some things for sure.
    knub23 and cdrkf like this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I just like to say thanks to exodus for running clan wars.

Also congratulations to vow for their end of season surge, beating both us and team burning to 3rd place :)
    knub23 likes this.
  11. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

thanks. I think we improved indeed, even if I didnt play so much. I think especially my three teammates improved their game skill since I already play awesome always :p:p:p
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. exodusesports

The first season of Clan Wars has come to an end with some fantastic matches as Team Burning took on Voices of War and PA Gods faced off against Promethean. PA Gods vs. Promethean [Home] was awarded Showcase Match status, joining only the only two other games to be given this eXodus award: Team Burning [Home] vs. The Realm and PA Gods [Home] vs. Voices of War.

Congratulations go to The Realm who not only fielded the largest roster, but also walked away with the honour of being league champions defeating favourites PA Gods. The Realm came better prepared with rumours of arduous drills, practices and selection games run by [RLM]burntcustard. But it was a clan victory, and many Realm names were seen, some old and some new, all contributing towards first place. The final standings can be seen on the Clan Wars tournament page with almost every position up for grabs in the final games.

A hearty well done to everyone who took part and helped make Clan Wars such a successful event. Conceived as an idea in August 2014 and launched that same month, we never anticipated it would be as successful as it was, generating a lot of discussion across forums, leading a far more clan activity and resulting in the largest player sign up of any Planetary Annihilation tournament to-date.

There have been ups and downs and not everyone made it to the finish line, but we feel the end result made it all worthwhile. So thanks to both players and viewers for helping to make Clan Wars season one great. We don't have information about season two at this time, but stay tuned. Until then check out our next tournament, Evil Twins, which is still open for sign-ups, as well as DarkSteel's Orbital Warfare Mayhem mod tournament.
    guest1, elodea, Clopse and 1 other person like this.
  13. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Final VODs are now up from last weekend;

mot9001 likes this.