Radial symmetry

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jamiem, February 21, 2015.

1. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

Radial symmetry would allow for arbitrary number of balanced starting positions per planet.
    This would be handy for FFA with lots of players, or team games with more than 2 teams.
  2. guest1

guest1 Active Member

If you want, you can use DirectEdit to create radially symmetric CSG; I'm working on extending the system to metal points and starting positions as well. You'll only get good results on flat or nearly flat planets, though, since there is no way to manually adjust the heightmap.
    jamiem likes this.
  3. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I agree that we need more than across the equator symmetry though. Also, I'd like the OPTION to have overlapping CSGs from equatorial symmetry merge, like metal spots do. Please, Uber!
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

it would be cool to be able to place your own symmetry line wherever you want, or get more than symmetry plane.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

this all cool and all but one thing we should ask is how difficould this is to implement ... having a variety and multiples of symetrylines be they horizontal or vertical as well as diagonal may lead to different results not easy to tweak ...
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I talked to @sorian about it when symmetry was first being showed off and he said it may be worked on on the future.

Any word on it now Sorian?