PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Can we see some English please? I don't recognize that language. Care to use reason?
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

sxx .. there reason enough ... even much more saver then those suicid ... errr i mean strat bombers ..
  3. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

@jables - PLEASE????

@cola_colin - I actually had a wierd thought for a mod where you are essentially playing mech warrior but using our commanders and units. What would you need to convert the game into Battlefield PA?
    Remy561 and tunsel11 like this.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Play elodea on his odd days.
    thetrophysystem, Zaphys and optimi like this.
  5. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Okay factory placement is the most annoying thing now with the space inbetween. I always build my factory close to eachother by selecting factory blueprints rotate it and it'll hook itself to the other factory. However the commander refuses to build it now because its not possible to build that close.

Could you fix it by giving the hooking also the correct area spacing between the factory. That'd be great!
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I completely disagree with the placement size changes. A far more elegant solution would be to increase the area build separation. This is the solution I will use in BettahBalance.
  7. mered4

Still not English. I can't understand folks who don't use complete sentences.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Can Dox still travel in water? I cannot get then to go in the water anymore.
  9. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

due to my sniper bots and fighters, i bid you "good luck". it has so many counters that make it obsolete, that any attempt to use them will end in vain. the T2 bomber sucks.
  10. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Hey! love Lego, what scale are you using for those tanks in the pic? Also, fixed Dox problem, just needed to only select the Dox and no other unit:D
  11. mered4

Indeed. The T2 bomber also drifts into the range of AA if left unchecked. It's quite frustrating.
  12. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so why should a stratbomber be any better then? with the exception of gil-e's ignoring it it would have the same counters ... would be merely the hornets movement that needs fixing ...
    and maybe change the missiletype ... why does it have to be a bomb? modern bombers launch missiles as well ..
    Last edited by a moderator: February 21, 2015
  13. shotforce13

im not sure what scale im using, im building stuff in lego design software :) in the community art thread, i have some of my lego PA stuff in there.
  14. shotforce13

for a multitude of reasons;

they would have a flight path, making them harder to chase down and murder, also would cut down on the micro a bit.

give it more armor than the T1 bomber (we lack a air unit to hit strategic targets behind fortifications) nuke silos etc.

a bomb cant be stopped by a counter.

it would add some relevance to the T2 fighter role or job.

i can go on all night, anything is possible with good balance.

if it was up to me, id give it the T2 subs hell fire weapon and make it a strafing bomber.
  15. mered4

Learning to formulate our thoughts into coherent writing is something we are all taught at a young age, regardless of background. It is legitimately difficult to understand what you are saying when all I see are single-sentence paragraphs with weird word spelling and questionable grammar.

As for balance?

1. The T2 Bomber is effectively useless compared to its replacements. The T1 bomber is more effective at killing armies and structures (even with these nerfs) per metal spent, and it isn't slow and cumbersome. The gunship performs better for that reason alone - it's fast and nimble, and thus you can retreat to friendly territory if the need arises. With the T2 Bomber, it's essentially a suicide mission.
    2. Having a bomber that doesn't drop bombs is just confusing. I'm all for this unit type if they fix the problems with it (too little range, drifts into AA) and give it a new model to fit the unit. And, on top of that, they give us some sort of strat bomber to help diversify T2 air and give us options.
  16. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

There actually is one type of bomber where not dropping bombs is quite intuitive. The suicide bomber.

That role could maybe even work, a "simple" cruise missile as the T2 bomber which explodes no matter what. By shooting it down, you can only postpone the area of impact, but you can not prevent the impact and the following explosion itself.

Pointless to use in the field because of the metal investment, but has a guaranteed penetration depth against every base which has no AA deployed upstream.

That way, you have a strategical bomber which can solely be used for surgical snipes, and yet performs better at that job than the T1 bomber.
    mered4 and igncom1 like this.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Given that English isn't his first language, i think he does pretty well...

How are you at writing coherent, grammatical and well spelled sentences in a foreign language then mered?
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  19. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Yeah I though that was the whole point of them. So these changes for the grenadier didn't really affect that.
  20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The new walls were higher, so in this PTE they've increased the maximum fire arc so Grenadiers can still shoot over the walls whilst normal units can't. Before the new walls, most units could fire over the walls which kinda negated the point of them somewhat.
    drz1 likes this.