PC Crash Report Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by XShadowStormX, January 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitzan

nitzan New Member

Game installed, patched and launches perfectly, with no bugs at all.
    I enter the tutorial, play around a little, and then this happens:

All of a sudden the audio is looped endlessly, the game freezes up and my computer needs a hard reset in order to work again.
    The crash happened everytime I turn into the tutorial/play, sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes even after 30 seconds.

all of the requested files are attached to this message, please help.

Attached Files:

2. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

ATI drivers are notoriously buggy. Yours are pretty old, but we know the very latest ones crash a lot. Lots of people have reported success with the 10.8 version. Try installing those. You can find them here for Windows XP:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... iw_xp.aspx
  3. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

4. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

That website with the different drivers really helped a lot, O!

I found a catalyst to download for my computer, and it worked out perfectly.
    No more crashes! At least, not yet. I've only tested twice.

Thank you!
  5. nitzan

nitzan New Member

uninstalling ATI Catalyst driver 11.1 version and rolling back to 10.8 ATI Catalyst (which download can be found at ADM's website) solved the problem.
    Thank you for your time, a very fun game to play.
  6. Perste91

Perste91 New Member

I've waited and i've waited now - Been trying to get into the game twice since my first post here. Been abit of patching to do both times, so i had my hopes up that something would work this time...but it doesnt.

The launcher comes up with the notification that x ammount of z files are being installed (patched).

Then once the updating is complete, same old story happens.

My screen goes blank, and the message "Out of Reach" or "No Connection" comes up, yet i can hear the music and sounds of the game go in the background. I also hear the buttons highlighting in the background when moving on my mouse, but i cant see anything because my screen just shuts down when i try to start this game.

This is getting beyond moronic, i've payed money for this game and i havent even seen it yet :(
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

The out of range message means your monitor doesn't support the minimum resolution needed to run the game. Does your machine meet the minimum specs to run MNC?

Use this troubleshooting guide and email us your log files:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1738966

8. Perste91

Perste91 New Member

I've got an Intel i7 2.67GHz quadcore with 6Gb Ram and Nvidia G-force GTX 275 graphics card. I also have a full HD 21" flatscreen monitor.

I would be quite amazed if my computer or screen had a hard time running your game.

Any other options? Im getting quite fed up with this, as previously stated i bought this game for myself and a friend through steam and its very annoying not to even be able to see the game...
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

10. Perste91

Perste91 New Member

I have yes.

But to be sure i'll attach it to this post aswell.

Attached Files:

11. truckus

truckus New Member

I'm using the free weekend to decide if I wanna convert to the PC version from the xbox 360. It's not looking promising so far.

When I start up monday night combat my laptop just shuts off after about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I already emailed Uber the 3 files they request for this issue and all I got back so far was to update my video drivers and check for .dmp files in the same folder as the other logs. There weren't any. Unless, are the .dmp files the ones with the specific dates and times in the file name?

I updated the driver of my GeForce 8600M GT to the latest version (266.58). It didn't fix anything.

I tried re-installing MNC through steam after first deleting the local game content. Didn't fix it.

I tried verifying the integrity of the game cache several times and for some reason after every single run through it does tell me that there is 1 file that failed to validate and will re-download. Doesn't matter how many times I do this, it happens over and over.

I tried manually installing the support files. Nothing.

I logged out of steam and back in. Nothing.

I've attached all the latest logs and the dxdiag since I reinstalled MNC.

The only reason I postet here was to try and get more suggestions, faster because I'd llike to get the game running before the free weekend is over. If it can't be fixed then I probably shouldn't buy it.

Attached Files:

12. truckus

truckus New Member

I should also add that I'm running Vista 32 bit, service pack 2.

I am using a Dell XPS M1530
    Intel Core Duo CPU @ 2.00GHz
    4GB RAM
    A12 BIOS (its from 2008, but its the latest according to Dell)

I saw a post from Obsydianite (sorry if I butchered that spelling!) where she suspected that her laptop might be shutting down to stop it from over heating. I don't know if she ever resolved this.

That got me thinking that this might be important...my laptop's battery does not hold a charge. I have to use it plugged in at all times. In some cases this sudden battery failure (as opposed to gradual charge holding decay) was linked to the A12 BIOS from Dell. Could my laptop's shutting down when trying to run MNC be motherboard related in this case? Some kind of power issue?

The recommended fix is to go back to BIOS 09, which I can't do because you can't flash BIOS when your battery isnt charged. The other one is to buy a new battery...which means it would cost me close to $200 just to play MNC since everything else I wanna do on my laptop works just fine. I can run Playstation and N64 Roms with no issues at all (i know MNC is 2 generations beyond those).
  13. Kel

Kel New Member

Hm do you have the the chance to upgrade to Windows 7?
    Or tried reinstalling Vista? Maybe there is an issue with your OS.
  14. truckus

truckus New Member

I recently did a Dell Factory Image Restore, which is basically a complete factory reset. I've since updated to Vista SP2 again. I do not have the option to upgrade to Windows 7 unfortunately.

I do have another question though. When trying to manually install the support files, specifically the PhysX one, I got a message saying that my current version of PhysX was newer than that one so the install canceled. Uber may need to answer this for me themselves...do I have to delete this newer version of the PhysX and install YOUR older one?
  15. Kel

Kel New Member

Factory Image Restore is not an equal new installation. Get a Vista Dvd and use your license key under your notebook do to a full new install.

Don't know about the PhysX stuff, sorry.
  16. The Sane One

The Sane One New Member

Yes, my game randomly crashes while I am playing. I have tried lowering my shadow and model settings, but it still happens. Here are the files

Attached Files:

17. garrettb

garrettb New Member

So its kinda random when I crash...sometimes it happens right as the game loads other times I can sit at the menu for 2-3 mins before it crashes.

here are my files that you need. I don't have a patch.log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

18. garrettb

garrettb New Member

just checking in...still have the above problems...waiting for some assistance :| .
  19. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.