[REQ] T2 Mobile Umbrellas

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eroticburrito, February 17, 2015.

1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Yes and subsequently changing the orbital gameplay
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

All right, whatever floats your boat. Just letting you know that the things you said you wanted are available to you.
    Tripod27 likes this.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I just don't get it either. He wants the exact same thing in your mod, but for it to be vanilla, and won't play it if it isn't vanilla.

Tsk, that is like Minecraft players wanting horses but refusing to use a mod and demand they be in vanilla. (which happened, didn't it? Either way...)
  4. Planktum

You don't get it. Just because someone builds a mod to add units to the orbital layer doesn't mean I have to like it's implementation. I think Uber will eventually make orbital warfare much better than anything your mod could bring.
    radongog likes this.
  5. emraldis

Right, but you haven't tried it.
  6. Planktum

I've seen it reviewed by @TheWrongCat and I didn't like what I saw. Sorry.
  7. emraldis

That's fine, I'm not forcing you to play it. I'm just saying the option is there. Plus trying it is much different than watching it.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Eh, the mod players will have their horses first. Enjoy waiting for them.
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  9. Planktum

Not sure what you mean by this?
  10. emraldis

He means that while you're waiting for something Uber won't necessarily ever implement, or at least not in the near future, we'll have the mod giving us the next best thing.
  11. Planktum

I would rather play vanilla while I wait than play some half pie attempt.
  12. emraldis

All right, well I'll enjoy my full-hearted, well-put-together attempt.
    lapsedpacifist and cervantes1536 like this.
  13. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Dude just because it's a mod doesn't mean it's half-baked. Countless games began as mods. DotA and DayZ for instance. Many of the mechanics PA now uses were first created by modders mucking around and making the genre suit their needs and desires.

Though obviously there is a massive range in talent and effort behind mods, and the scope and vision they have. You should try first, and not have your potential enjoyment narrowed by prejudice.
  14. Planktum

You either love mods or your hate em. Of course the person who makes the mod is going to promote it as the best thing since sliced bread. Just don't expect everyone to be as enthusiastic as you are about it.
  15. emraldis

Right, and you know what? I agree, I may have gone a bit overboard on the promotion. My bad. However, that doesn't give you the right to insult all the hard work we put into this, and the months of dedication we've put forth. I agree that while maybe I shouldn't have pressed on, I was simply trying to get the point across that you SEEM to be blindly refusing to attempt something you said you wanted, and I probably got a bit annoyed. My apologies, I won't bother you about it anymore. HOWEVER. If you DO end up trying it, we'd love feedback. So if you try it and just don't like one thing, feel free to let us know, we're pretty open to most changes. Anyway. Last of my pestering. PCE.
  16. Planktum

I don't see how I insulted your hard work. I just said I wasn't interested in your mod and wanted to wait and see what Uber come up with eventually for vanilla. You feel insulted because someone doesn't like your mod. I don't have to like your mod and you shouldn't feel insulted if someone doesn't like your mod. I'm sure plenty of people are enjoying your mod and just as many are enjoying vanilla. We like different things, end of story.
  17. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

Except for the list of things you said you wanted in vanilla that his mod already had#justsayin
  18. emraldis

You called it half-baked. That's fairly insulting considering all the work we've put into this thing. The other stuff, Meh, don't care, you can play what you want.
  19. Planktum

I'm sorry if that offended you, but to me any mod is half baked compared to the vanilla build which is developed by the actual game developers who have a vision, even though the realization of this vision is slower than we would have liked. I'm sorry if this offends you but it's just my opinion.
  20. Planktum

Just because you put a lot of work into something doesn't make it a garaunteed success. You like your mod, I get it.