[CONCEPT] Megabot Mod

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, February 8, 2015.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Damn nice job with that. Especially for your first try.

My first model was a coffee mug.

EDIT:
    Just a suggestion. When you are modelling things for PA, don't bother making hollow barrels as in the end its just a waste of polys (Try hard to keep the poly count down). Just do solid barrels with a protruding part and have it textured black.

EDIT2:
    Also Stuart for quite a while I've been thinking of starting my own super unit mini mod and have some ideas for balancing it (for example preventing players from spamming out nothing but every super unit late game, well easily anyway). If I can talk to you about some of the ideas I had over on gamevox and we agree on them I wouldn't mind merging into your mod.
    Last edited: February 17, 2015
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

On these larger megabots that would be more noticeable and should probably be avoided. Since these are not going to be spammed by the hundreds we don't need to worry as much about large numbers of polys.

Sure, I'll try and catch you later tonight so we can discuss this.
    Tripod27 likes this.
  3. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

Yeah I might do the "fake barrels" on the chin turret, but definitely not the main guns
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  4. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Stuart! A question/request. I'm not familiar with the whole legalese behind it all, but I know there was a mod in sup com FA that had mech warrior units in it.
    and this question goes to anyone who can answer with confidence, for example uber dev team. Would you be upsetting anyone by having a go at importing monkeylord, or mechs from mechwarrior/battletech?
    I think that'd be rad...
    Or at least using them as inspiration for various superunits.

Jus a thought.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I could probably get the models- I'm betting they can be put into blender or 3ds max, but then it'd be the long tedious work of assigning a whole network of bones. ^^;
  6. stuart98

I'm not going to be importing anything from another game into the mod. If it isn't PA style, it doesn't belong in PA. I might see about using something for inspiration but I don't even know if it's possible to alter a monkeylord so that it has the PA style.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  7. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

8. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Ajax-style? That could be cool.
  9. stuart98

Ajax is nothing remotely close to a monkeylord though other than the fact that it has >2 legs?
  10. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Nah I mean it could have boxy legs and the flat panels like the Ajax commander.
  11. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Name suggestion for your Sniper MegaBot: the Xi-Lance

use of Lance as reference as a powerful weapon, and play on the word Silence, insinuating it's assassin-like nature