Scaling down the UI

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by andrehsu, February 17, 2015.

1. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Is it possible to scale down the UI? I have tried the scaleui mod on PAMM, but it no longer works in the latest version of PA. I run on a 1366 * 768, which is usually okay, but starts to act weird when the build bar is above the PiP, or when the developer factory build bar goes beyond the borders. My screen is 15", so I can still click on stuff if the UI was downscaled to 1600*900 or 1920*1080.
    tatsujb likes this.
  2. galaxyisos

galaxyisos Member

it would be nice to see a scaled down UI and smaller strategic icons. Uber please :)
    tatsujb and DalekDan like this.
  3. allister

allister Active Member

I like the ideas. Support.
    tatsujb and christer1966 like this.
  4. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

The build bar also overlaps with the unit selection window
    tatsujb and bengeocth like this.
  5. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

As an user of a 1080P-panel I donĀ“t know these issues personally, but I agree on you anyways: There SHOULD be more scaling options for the interface. (IntScale+ResScale > ResSelect ) And you already got ResScale, so you can make it awesome now!
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

[​IMG]
    Let me type random stuff here while I wait for 20 seconds to pass
    tatsujb likes this.
  7. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

bump because yes this is important, and I need to wait 20 seconds again
  8. DarkGift

DarkGift New Member

+1. I usually play on a 2560x1440 (27") monitor, but am traveling so I'm limited to 1366x768 on a 12" screen. The game plays very differently with you having to zoom and pan around a lot more. Also the UI gets in the way in that you can't even use PIP unless you use hot keys since it takes precedence over the build bar even though it is layered under it etc.

Please add optional UI scaling options.
    andrehsu likes this.
  9. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

10. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

bump again?
  11. elvisior

elvisior Member

i wish I could turn off parts of it as well... the grouping row at the bottom pisses me off... get rid of it.. it provides absolutely no value whatsoever
  12. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

^btw, there is a mod for that
  13. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I have a work-in-progress mod for scaling the UI by 70%, but it still has a few kinks I need to work out.
    https://github.com/DeathByDenim/70percent_ui
    You can unzip the ZIP on that page in your mod dir and enable it with PAMM to see what it does now. Some menus in the live_game are not where they are supposed to be, but not too horribly. I'm working on that.
    FSN1977, mkrater and andrehsu like this.
  14. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Whats scene is live_game? Bumping ftw

Thx, also, is the scale percentage modifiable?
  15. DeathByDenim

Sorry, mod-talk. :)
    live_game is that actual game where you control your units and see the planets and such.

And, no, the 70% is fixed. Though you can change it in the global.css file. Making it user-changeable will be harder, though not impossible.

And the bumping only got you only the half-finished work-in-progress mod. :p
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the old scale UI used a very similar css setting and was configurable per scene. Maybe you want to work based on it instead.
    The unsolved issue was that with the new panel setup it fails to change the panel sizes or something like that. Might be just a single line of code missing or something more complex. Dunno.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  17. DeathByDenim

Yeah, it's all of the splitting up of the live_game scenes in all of those subscenes. You can zoom all of those individually, but they'll be all over the screen. I now just hand-pick the scenes that get the zoom and get that to work with 70%, which seemed like a good value. After that, I may try to get it to work with $(body).css(). Baby-steps.

I actually forgot to look at your scaleUI mod. I just assumed it used the zoom CSS property globally. I'll take a look at it, that could be helpful. Thanks!
  18. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

The mod was great! Although the esc button didn't seem to work. Also, the opening scene (someone vs someone) was overly scaled) Otherwise, it solved all the problems of the previous ui. (Specifically the overlaping build bar with PiP and selection box,
  19. DeathByDenim

Yeah, not sure yet why it does that scaling of the transit scene yet. I didn't know about the Esc key though. That's kind of weird and should really not happen as all this mod changes is CSS properties.
  20. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Nvm the esc glitch