Please fix automated pause in ranked games.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jomiz, February 16, 2015.

1. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

Sometimes you have to restart the game since there is bug we all know, game does get paused and everything is fine until you reconnected, game will be unpaused right after you started generating planets and this often takes +30 second which is not nice. So please, make game unpause after planet is generated, not when generating was started.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Make it not automatically unpause at all.
    Allow the players to unpause after the player connected and has loaded (or some timeout happend maybe).
    Also reduce the 180 seconds wait to 60 seconds if the player is disconnecting before even picking a spawn.
    Also do we allow pausing the game in ranked currently? If not allow players to pause the game at most 3 times.
    jomiz likes this.
  3. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

this is too easy of a solution.
  4. cola_colin

yeah it would be unfair to solve it that easily, right? :D
  5. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

60 seconds is a bit short if you have a pc crash :)
  6. cola_colin

The thing is you get 120 seconds until the commanders spawn plus 60 seconds pause time = 180 seconds.
    Well I guess another solution would be to pause the game directly before the game commanders have spawned.
  7. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

i think the pause time is way too short, like i've lost two games because i crashed and by the time i got back in the comm was already deleted due to time out >.< ahahah oh well, also what servers are the ranked on because sometimes the lag.... =P heh
  8. cola_colin

3 minutes is by far the longest disconnect timeout I know from any game. Put yourself into the situation of the person waiting for 3 minutes or more.
    Also what kind of crashs happen to you that it takes more than 3 minutes to reconnect?
    stuart98 and violetania like this.
  9. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

but like if you carry mid game.... and sometimes my pa will screw up so the game will crash and when i open pa again, it wont connect to play fab so i restart my computer/laptop then it'll connect to playfab but they that time i've timed out, but you're right, it's unfair to make someone wait more than 3 minutes ahaha. oh well >.<
    stuart98 likes this.