PA Community Demographics - Part I

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Zaphys, February 13, 2015.

?

Your Basic Demogrphics: Age, Sex, Region where you live.

1. Age: 15-20

39 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Age: 20-30

78 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. Age: 30-40

31 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Age: 40+

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Sex: Female

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Sex: Male

127 vote(s)
    80.4%
  7. Sex: Other

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Region: Europe/Africa

84 vote(s)
    53.2%
  9. Region: Asia/Autralia/Oceania

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  10. Region: America

43 vote(s)
    27.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well crap, voted for age before I saw this was a multi choice vote for gender and region.

:/
  2. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

Ha XD One Female
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Two female. ;P
  4. igncom1

Well whatever, you are still one of the lads!
  5. squishypon3

You may have missed something igncom. >.>
  6. igncom1

One, of, the, lads! One, of, the, lads! One, of, the, lads!!
  7. squishypon3

I don't know if you don't know, don't agree with it, or mean like -you're still muh "bro"- xD
  8. igncom1

MAHHHHHHHHH BRO!

[​IMG]

Girls can be bros!
  9. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that the most populated age category is 20-30, the folks too young to have played TA when it was first released.
  10. squishypon3

Many have still played it though, or spring, or supcom. =)
  11. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Oddly enough I am still in the 20-30 category (though at the upper end of that scale) and I did both buy and play TA when it first came out. I was not very old, but I played the poop out of that game. Still have my original discs.
  12. theseeker2

I've lost my disks, but it really wouldn't matter if I had them or not, BT and CC disks had 16bit installers if I recall correctly. I've got my StarCraft disks though, I'll admit I played it a lot more then, though my younger brother would always kick my ***...

Don't know why there aren't many 40+ like me, maybe it's because the games my generation grew up on were simpler, and if you had a second player, they were sitting right next to you.
    my mum was cleaning up her house a bit, and she said she found our old pong game in the attic
  13. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

That is pretty cool, man.

Also, I suspect that the generation above me were just generally less likely to get into gaming: my brother is three years older than me and he isn't into it at all. I suspect that a decade and more ago there were a lot of social pressures on people to not play games - or at least, to not take them seriously if they did. It was often only the people who had friends/family who shared their enjoyment of gaming that persisted, because they had some social pressures pushing in the other direction as well.
  14. trialq

trialq Post Master General

But they are at the prime age of people who played older RTS games as a hand me down from an older relative or friend. The first console that I owned first hand was the playstation, but I had already been handed down an atari st and mega drive by that point.
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well I'm just into the 30 - 40 category (30 exactly until march :p) and I was a big ta player back when it first came out. Even played online over a 33k modem (later upgraded to the awesome 56k haha!).

I guess I started quite young with pcs, as it was my 3rd machine that I played ta on (first two were too slow to run it, 286xt which was a hand me down admittedly, then a 486 dx4, then my mighty p100! That was the ta powerhouse back in the day :))
  16. theseeker2

1997 wasn't long after I got out of college, the machine I had then was a pretty poor windows 95 machine, couldn't really play much PC games until I bought my HP 8755c in late 2000 or early 2001, don't remember. That was also a pretty poor machine, but I could play TA well on it, it had a nasty bug where the system could only recognize 384mb of the supposed maximum 512. I still have that machine on my desk, it has a standard motherboard size so eventually I am going to swap it out for a modern one just for nostalgia's sake.
    silenceoftheclams and cdrkf like this.