PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Those are just weird. I like the fact that he changed it (been calling for it since October lol :D), but why the commander energy change?? @tvinita
  2. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Random planet generation needs some work; most of the maps I've seen have had very little metal which causes the AI to bug out. There's also a ton of ice/water worlds for some reason.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It would be cool if this shows a tooltip with exact planet info. What settings has the planet it just generated?
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  4. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Build rate has not been decreased, it's still 30. Production is 20.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  5. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

love this PTE but please Uber can you also fix this
    2.jpg
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. cola_colin

they probably should set a more generous (read: smaller) footprint of the walls.
    tatsujb likes this.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Why the nerfes to the commander and increase mass to build a mex? that kind of slows down the early game, then again quite a few casuals where complaining about that....
  8. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Can walls require energy, I think that would be a nice nerf too. They look nice. I would like to hear some of the reasoning behind the commander changes.
  9. cola_colin

even I would say a slower sttart with only one factory would be good. Nothing bad about that. Two factory builds are pretty damn rush-y.

My first thought after a game vs AI is that energy seems to be a massive limiting factor on the initial build order like this, the reduced energy income from the commander and increased output hurts a lot.
    My first wish is "I want pgens to be cheaper" xD

That was trying to just play as I did before the patch. Let's see what I can do when I consider the changes and then complain full out ;)
  10. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Ya ive always had problems with energy, you could never have enough in PA while in subcom it was much easier to keep your power in the +
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I'm find this a bit clunky to be honest.

Its hard to even support a single factory first start, thanks largly to energy constraints.

I'd recommend buffing commander energy prod so it can supply itself
    increase energy storage a bit more.
  12. cola_colin

Also weird vs mines:
    [​IMG]

I want to build walls on top of mines. Mines should just not have a collision hitbox.

EDIT: Oh and on the topic of long standing annoying issues: I SO DAMN HATE IT how selecting stuff doesnt work by clicking their icon. You see a fabber. You want to select it. You click the icon because you are zoomed out a bit. You fail to hit it because the fabber is just a tiny hitbox behind the icon.

EDIT 2:
    [​IMG]
  13. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I can't seem to update to PTE, it says the file is corrupt.

Nevermind
  14. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

Still some issues on Linux with the catalyst drivers. Coherent still fails to load the in-game ui whatever reason. --software-ui is still required.
    mered4 likes this.
  15. mered4

You guys should test bombers more >:)

Commander snipe with 18 (when I used to kill solo comms with 15) now only drops commanders to 50% or so.

On the flipside, dox swarms get shredded by bombers and tank blobs have an easier time with them.
    trialq likes this.
  16. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Sounds like some interesting changes, but how about that suggestion about making Bumblebees unable to hit subs, while giving the Kestrel anti-sub weaponry?

It would balance several units at the same time. Subs are too vulnerable right now, bombers are too versatile and the Kestrel is rarely if ever used.
  17. mered4

wut.

Subs are (mostly) well balanced with the rest of naval right now, Kestrels aren't use because they are too expensive, and bombers just got a massive nerf against everything except dox.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  18. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Its over 9000. :|
  19. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Queation, These new walls do they need power to work?
  20. psyk323

psyk323 Member

That really is a good question actually! I wonder that too.

Also, this will make the old walls disappear right? I mean, maybe having both walls would be interesting, like having T1 and T2 walls?
    ViolentMind likes this.