Can I have my old icon back?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by infowars, February 14, 2015.

1. infowars

infowars Member

Yesterday I reinstalled windows 7 because I got fed up with how my browser was working.

I used to have the PA launcher from back in the day when you guys let me in on the beta even though I just bought the retail copy because I've not liked how doing beta's has ruined my enjoyment of the game (and it's one of the reasons I usually stay away from early access)

But I used to have an icon that said PA launcher and it would take me direct to the game without showing the intro. And, cool as the intro is, I can always go onto youtube and look at it again.

I'm not going to mention the company that does this, but they're large and moneygrabbing and have always made it a thing in their games that you cannot skip their logo because I bet some coke fuelled marketing fiend was so mega keen on "brand awareness" that they've gone along with it since then.

But yeah, rant aside, I just wonder if it's possible to get back the beta launcher. That's a bit of history I want to cherish :)
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You can't go back to the beta launcher, but it sounds like your issue is really the intro video playing over and over again? It shouldn't do that as far as I know. No matter what launcher you use. If you launch the PA.exe executable directly (It in the x64 dir inside the PA install dir), does it still show the intro video? If it does, does pressing <Esc> abort it? After that, does restarting PA still want to show you the video?
  3. infowars

infowars Member

Oh, no, I can' skip the video, that wasn't an issue.

And I guess if I had the icon and renamed it PA launcher that'd sort of be the same. It's not much of an issue really
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Hmm, that's rather strange. I'm not sure why the launcher would make PA keep showing the intro video. Anyway, you only need to use the launcher once a month when there is an update.