[WIP] [Server] ModX

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by zx0, June 1, 2014.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

my pleasure :)

alright :)

alright then

so i take it explosions take on the secondary teamcolor?
    my last color was black but didn´t see much a difference gonna try other colors next time ...

to bad, hoped to have an early lightartillerybot to mix in with tanks :(

1900x1200
    the later ...

a bit more input:

orbital units are lacking propper description
    for instance it was unclear to me what the destroyer and the orbital artillery do

airunitroster has 2 planes with same name (bumblebee)

question:
    how much damage does the t3 (bumblebee) missilebomber exactly do? can its missiles be shoot down by the sniperbot similar to vanillahornet?

also will you add amphibius units or
    allow existing ones to be amphibius?
    Last edited: January 10, 2015
    zx0 likes this.
  2. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

They use primary team color.

One missile does 200 point damage and 100 area damage. Missiles cannot be shot down.

I thought I made raptor bot into amphibious unit, but I guess I forgot. Will thre be more amphibious units - I have no plans about it yet.
  3. tomatoheadache

tomatoheadache New Member

Awesome mod. Loved everything about it...except one thing. Whenever I have a moon with halleys try to hit another planet it just kind of disappears. I'm pretty sure this is this mod. Another problem I got is whenever I shoot the anaylaser or whatever, with the medal planet and catalysts, it doesn't work. It just charges up and never fires. When I uninstalled the mod, the medal planet would then go on and work. Please verify this is the mod, and if you could, fix it. This mod is one of the best ones I've seen, and I want to keep using it.
    zx0 likes this.
  4. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Thanks for playing the mod and feedback!

Moons work fine for me, when exactly do they dissapear for you, right after clickin "annihilate" button, right before hitting the planet, other?

Annihilaser supposed to charge up for 5 minutes, I know that this looks kinda off, but it seem to be the only way to give it a firing delay and I don't want Annihilaser to be immediate game ender.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

5 minutes is extreme. At 5 minutes, firing is next to impossible. 1 minute at the most.
    zx0 likes this.
  6. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Just a bug report (not sure if this has been pointed out)

Umbrellas for some reason do not shoot down unit cannon pods.
  7. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Intented. In vanilla Umbrella doesn't point at unit pods when fires at them. It also in fact has two weapons, one against orbital, one against pods, they can both fire simultaneously. I consider this broken and there's no way to make a properly working single weapon to fire at both pods and orbital.
  8. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

In the latest PA build the umbrella fires missiles out of the two side silos at pods (they changed it recently). So maybe consider enabling it again?

In the mean time is there any way to defend against pods? because an inferno drop into a base or on your com is often devastating.
    zx0 likes this.
  9. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

There's no defense against pods at the moment. I will fix it soon.
  10. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Update 4.6 (20 jan 2015)

Shell weapons can now shoot submerged units.
    Raptor bot is now amphibious.
    Jig no longer has nuke explosion.
    Ion cannon has antipod missiles.
    Boom bot removed from unit cannon because it would cause server crash when pod with it is shot down (because boom bot has death projectile?).
    Annihilaser charge up changed from 300 to 30 seconds.
    New anti-air and artillery bots added.
    Other small changes and bugfixes.

[​IMG]

Avaliable on PAMM.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. stuart98

The lack of T1 orbital and deepspace radar is absolutely gamebreaking IMHO. If you're going to do that, at the very least expand the orbital radar radius of the T1 radar.
  12. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Added on todo list.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

Just had a chance to play this mod again, still IMHO better than Orbital Warfare Overhaul and the main. There were a few things that I think need to be looked over.
    • Unit cannon pods still arrive pinpoint
    • The fact that the unit cannon can't build fibbers seems odd, I think it should be able to build the t1 fabber but maybe not the t2
    • I think you should use the new anchor model, or revise yours to a new epic standard.
    • fabbers seem too cheep to build, maybe up the cost a little?
    • I think it would be good to have an interplanetary fighter or something of the sort.
    • I think if the SXX had the new anchor effect repeated at the same speed it is now, it would look a whole lot better.
    • no subs?:(
    I know that a lot of these things might be on your list already, but I just wanted to point them out.
    zx0 and stuart98 like this.
  14. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

I plan an update next week.
    Unit cannon can't build fabbers so that Astraeus is valid in late game. Fabbers cost is based on their build rate and energy efficiency, it may change though. I'll be revising aircraft, maybe will add interplanetary fighter. Unit cannon spread, new anchor, subs - yes. Laser beams - when team color fix for beams is in game.
    Antiglow likes this.
  15. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Update 4.7 (15 feb 2015)

Some changes around aircraft.
    Updated mod with latest vanilla change: submarines, interplanetary fighter, etc.
    Added new units: heavy tank and basic orbital radar.
    Added bigger icons mod version.

[​IMG]
    New units compared to leveler.
    On PAMM.
    Last edited: February 15, 2015
  16. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Very TA in that tank.

And that is awesome.
    squishypon3, stuart98 and zx0 like this.
  17. stuart98

That tank is awesome. Only criticism I have is that it uses a tad too much light grey, maybe add a little secondary color to the smaller turrets?

That radar fits perfectly. Wow.
    squishypon3 and zx0 like this.
  18. destravous

destravous Member

Wow this mod looks really cool, going to have to try it out :D
    zx0 and stuart98 like this.
  19. destravous

destravous Member

Tried out a 7 player FFA game on a large planet. 4 ppl crashed or quit, idk why, maybe mod conflict. The remaining 3 of us proceeded to fight it out on the large planet. The terrain made the units slow (to many trees/csg), plasma cannons were deamed sorta op, but that might just because of the large planet. Will have to try again on different maps.

The icons are definitely way too small (there should really be an icon scale slider or something in pa), so will use the larger icons mod next time.

For some reason I couldn't get the orbital bombardment units to attack, is that because they can't attack buildings, Or is this a bug?

I wonder how this would play out in a 1v1...I will have to try again in the future.

Suggestion: it would be really nice to have a comprehensive list of changes somewhere or at least the most significant ones, to get up to speed quickly.
  20. stuart98

Orbital arty and destroyer are anti-orbital only in a Rock Paper Scissors setup.