Hitman Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, February 12, 2015.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Not really sold on the CGI but it looks pretty decent!

That scene with the grappling hooks looked pretty fun.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Oh look they made it an action movie, which strikes me as rather misses the point. Just like the last time they did it.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

He's not even bald.
    HE'S NOT EVEN GODDAMN BALD.

Apart from that, I agree with Quitch. Looks like a fun-stupid action movie, which would be fine if it wasn't tied to a series of stealth games. I'm sure making a movie about a slow-moving assassin would probably be harder than making one where something explodes every .5 seconds, but if they never wanted to make an assassin movie they shouldn't have used the Hitman license (or at the very least should have made it a Hitman Absolution movie, ZING).

But who knows, could be good.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The very opening of the trailer is dumb, where apparently his plan revolves around them placing the gun facing him and loading it (for no good reason). Uh, what if they hadn't done that 47?

So dumb.
  5. tehtrekd

Also, can I just bring up that line was stolen from Watchmen?

And delivered infinitely worse?
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

The effects look pretty... pretty bad for a modern film.
    Other than that, pretty run of the mill "meh" action film.
    tehtrekd likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Ok the "no, you're locked in here with me", however transformed, is blatant theft.

shame on them. They can only fantasize about being as great as watchmen.
    aw dammit ninja!
  8. tehtrekd

One other problem I've got with this is that it seems like the writer has no idea what the source material is about (which is strange since it's the same writer that made the '07 Hitman movie)

From what little is known about the plot, it seems like it's going to take the route Absolution tried to take and make the plot about 47 rather than 47's job, when that just doesn't work.

Agent 47 has no personality, that isn't a character flaw, it's how it should be. He's biologically engineered to be a perfect killer, someone who can get in, take out a target and get out without anyone even realizing he was there. A ghost in the crowd that happens to appear whenever someone important dies, a real life banshee if you will. Any other character traits would get in the way of this. The story comes from what he does and how he does it, not what he feels when he does it, because he doesn't feel.
  9. albykamy

albykamy New Member

once again, movie will worsen the game
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

What? If the a bad movie adaptation ruins a game for you, you have only yourself to blame.
  11. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

What gets me is Quinto didn't want to come back to the Heroes reboot because he wanted to explore other avenues of future success. but he does this.