The New Balance needs a nerf!

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by nosebreaker, February 13, 2015.

1. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

The new balance in water maps has pushed navel back too t2 rushing!!
    This has made T1 navel units mostly obsolete.
    Soo many WTFs.....
    T2 navel is more like T7 navel should be.... Not what T2 navel should be!
    Mines are not Fun... Remove mines from the game or divide by 2.75.......
    Balance is a little whack atm ......... Nerf bat!!!

The Nosebreaker likes this post
  2. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

I agree here with something:

1) Mines not funny for RTS games IMHO.
    2)T2 naval seems OP, cuz Leviathan has wrong conception.Super power 400 range mobile artillery not funny too.
    Last edited: February 13, 2015
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You can't win only with t2 navy. In fact I think if you only have t2 navy you will be screwed vs t1 submarines.
    Planktum, Jaedrik, elodea and 2 others like this.
  4. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Or T1/2 air for that matter, as T2 naval has no air counter. It does have a sub counter though...
    Jaedrik likes this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If you are implying that the kraken is a way to counter t1 submarines with t2 navy: At least from the numbers it clearly is not:
    Let's go with a total spent metal of 9000.
    That is 5 Kraken or 18 Barracudas.
    5 Kraken have 750 dps and 10500 hp
    18 Barracuda have 2700 dps and 9900 hp.
    I think it is clear which side will win, especially if you consider that to kill a Barracuda it takes 3 hits, the 3rd does 200 dmg overkill. To kill a kraken it takes 9 hits with 150 dmg overkill on the 9th hit.
    No way in hell can Kraken win per metal vs barracudas.

Looking at the numbers I think the best way to counter t1 submarines is probably to spam t2 torpedo launchers towards them. One torpedo launcher costs less than 2 barracudas, but is considerably more powerful. Like it can kill 2 barracudas within 2 seconds while outranging them by 60 and having more than 3 times the hitpoints of them
  6. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Kraken needs a slight range boost so it always gets first strike then... especially since it has a better vision already.

Edit: That or I just missed what the Kraken was supposed to be for- anti ship. Against any other T2 ship it's going to do twice as much DPS vs Barracuda metal for metal.
    Last edited: February 13, 2015
  7. nosebreaker

Good point THe Nosebreaker was not exactly accurate

You can now win a Navel game with 1 T2 navel and only five T1 ships to guard the air, subs,
    so while not unused completely They may as well may be!
    T1 Navel has died.
    On a good Note tanks are in a much better position...........................

mishtakashi and imperatorurist like this.
  8. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

All my wats.

stuart98 and nosebreaker like this.
  9. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Mines are very fun. I like them. Lots of people like them. WTF do mines have to do with Naval anyway?
  10. jacobebell

jacobebell New Member

ANTI ARTILLERY, BOMBER ENERGY SHIELDS, GIVE US A BIG SPIDER EXPERIMENTAL ROBOT WHILE YA AT IT.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I've seen people try to rush T2 naval and I just hit them early before they can get T2. Don't call something OP just because you haven't worked out how to counter it.
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. nosebreaker

When you try to hit me I hit you back with my t2 and win...... dont try to derail The Nosebreakers awsome thread

13. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Stingrays counter air very nicely
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That means on the first salvo, the 18 barracudas will kill 2 kraken and the 5 kraken will kill 1 barracude and mortally wound another. The next salvo will kill 1.5 more kraken and the kraken will kill another barracuda (best not even to attack the wounded one again and just kill a fresh one). The next salvo will kill the remaining 1.5 kraken and the kraken will finish off that last wounded one, leaving 15 barracudas left to wreck your naval base to the tune of "Barracuda" by Heart.

"If the real thing don't do the trick... You better make up something quick... You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick... Oooohhh, Barracuda. Ooh yeah…"

That is what you will hear as your base just gets eaten. That chorus takes about 19 seconds to play, which is just about perfectly fitting for the time it will take for you to realize to delete your commander. Else, the solo will make a very fitting commander death symphany..
    nosebreaker likes this.
  15. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Just checked PA DB and you're right, they do have antiair weapons. Which is weird because it's not listed on their icon as having anti-air abilities.
  16. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

How do you hit me back with T2 if I've already taken out your eco? You won't even get to T2.
  17. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Those storage buildings tho.... so much HP.
  18. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Their Rate oF fire is similar to the kraken (looks visually identical too) and it seems to pack quite a punch! I'd be quite keen to see those missiles made into a base defence, they seem pretty powerful