Mod Awareness

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, February 14, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/618453594750652834/#c618453594750656879

Could Uber do more to promote awareness for the modding community? I really want to see a heightened awareness for our efforts to improve the game among the greater PA community, and that's not going to happen unless Uber takes an active role in promoting them. A "mod of the week" contest that's featured on the PA main menu might help a bit. @jables

Uber plz.
    philoscience, yarmond, jomiz and 7 others like this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Maybe someone could create a mod related video showing off the mods in PA and submit to the video contest ? :}
  3. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Could they just have a built in PAMM in the main menu?
    stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  4. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Ive said it before and i'll say it again. Uber needs to provide some kind of ingame mod distribution service or atleast their own version of pamm. Mods are responsible for keeping many games alive beyond their use by date and PA would greatly benefit from that. At this point in time unless you are a uber forum goer, it is not likely that you know about the modding side of pa.

Heck even update the moddb page so we can distribute our mods there. I requested this earlier and the thread just died. This needs to be a thing and will ultimately be beneficial to uber in the long run.
    wilhelmvx, cdrkf, emraldis and 3 others like this.
  5. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I plan on doing some general mod related videos, but they are pretty dry and informational. A few others have done videos advertising mods (in general) and pamm in a similar way. Something edit-heavy and flashy hasn't been done in the general sense AFAIK, the closest we have come to that is GGS or the mini mod mayhem tournament promo. Community-wise, I think we could do things like a "mods of the month" series (like the exodus articles but in video form).
  6. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

I follow PA on Facebook too, and the same question about mods came up. It needs to integrated into the main menu.
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I have a guide on the steams.
  8. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

Mods won't really take off until a PAMM equivalent is on the menu waiting to be clicked on.

Most people don't seems to go out of their way to look for mods these days I admit I my self is getting accustomed to having it there in my face to click on.
    Nicb1 and badfucatus like this.
  9. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

For now I can just recommend every modder to hop over to steam forums and tell people about their mods /mod being updated from times to time.
  10. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Maybe we could have a mod for a PAMM equivalent In-game! Yeah that would totally work!
  11. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Or add a link to pamm, like in KSP, or add it as a feature to the steam page or smth
  12. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Last I heard Uber wanted to set up a mod marketplace in game, but that was awhile ago. Not sure what's up now.
  13. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

I would like to point out stuart you already do in Pendulum of war.... You are suppose to be ubers middles man (so is the shows aim) to help promote things like mods :l
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

There's so much that's wrong with that statement that I can't even.