Release build 78071 is now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 12, 2015.

1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

that makes sense, fighters really don't need to be shot by ground AA as much as pelicans might.
  2. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Yup. It can stop "inferno" comm sniping.I am not against inferno drop, but i just don't like when they are drop on my head without micro. And AA trying kill tons of fighters in same time.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Give that groups already do this, and the AI has platoons, I'm not sure what this change actually is. At first I thought maybe it meant fighters will stay with land units when moved together, but the sub-note seems to indicate that this isn't the case.
  4. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

This fixes the case where you have a group of bots and tanks together. If you gave them a move order that passes near water, what would usually occur is the bots would happily go through the water and the tanks would derp on the shoreline, possibly getting stuck permanently. What this changes is the bots and tanks will stay together and follow the shoreline around to the destination.

This also fixes the case of selecting land and naval units together. Naval will now path together and land will path together. Previously, they would all group together and which path type they chose would be random, which would cause either the land or naval units to derp out.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Someone must have asked this before because I'm getting an "oh yes, NOW I remember!" reaction :)
  6. n00n

n00n Active Member

Edit: Post removed, likely a faulty hardware issue, in the process of replacing components.
    Last edited: February 15, 2015
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

My loading times are unchanged.

Are you sure it's that mod? That would make no sense anyway.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Not entirely true, a complex UI mod can increase the time it takes for the UI to be setup and responsive. For example I am certain alerts minimap adds some extra lag to setup the UI because it is a rather complex extra scene that is created. Not even alerts minimap increase the loading time by minutes though, so just some transparent panel should not have that kind of effect.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I only added 1 or 2 opacity parameters to the CSS :D
  10. chaser86

chaser86 New Member

@masterdigital don't know if this is a bug or actual intended :) : If you click the button "select all vehicle units in view" while no vehicles are in the view but a vehicle factory is -> the vehicle factory’s will be selected. Same goes for "select all air units in view" and "select all naval units in view".
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

$20 says that it was having more than one server mod enabled simultaneously. Don't do that, 90% of server mods are incompatible with each other.
  12. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

The unit AI seems to be acting weird. the units don't go around buildings, they try to go though them, also units don't want to go though the portals. This includes Commanders.
  13. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with the Astraeus not picking up units? I'm playing a GW game and just can't make them do it.

Does it matter that my Steam version is still set to the PTE client?

Edit: Mods are disabled, yes. :)

Edit 2: Switching back to main and restarting steam seems to have fixed it.
    Last edited: February 14, 2015
  14. n00n

n00n Active Member

Like @ViolentMind I had a few issue with the new UI changes, which I had to tweak.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Don't know if this has already been stated but this can be done via right clicking the icon(s).
  15. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

All radars don't use power to detect underwater and there's a problem when placing T1 radars because underwater radar is set to 600 so its max area don't detect land properly.
  16. cola_colin

hmm the idle selection still seems to be pretty useless if I have fabbers spread accross the planet. I still end up selecting all of them, which means: search around where I now have units selected.
    Selecting the ones on the current screen is a step forward, but often that means "search all places randomly" as well.
    I'd like a way to get "click once and get one idle fabber, click one more time and get the next, etc...".

Also @n00n I like that css rework a lot. Will steal it and make it a mod on pamm I think. Probably gonna add my "one click one fabber" thing into that as well, if it is possible.
    Zaphys, nixtempestas and Tripod27 like this.
  17. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Colin, for as long as you have been around and supporting this project, how is it that you don't work for Uber? :)
  18. cola_colin

maybe in a parallel universe uber is a german company in my neighborhood and I work for them.
    cptconundrum, Raevn and Remy561 like this.
  19. n00n

n00n Active Member

You can use the "t" key to locate them (if that does nothing see what you've changed the "track selection with camera" hotkey to).

Errm… Permission granted. ;)
    cola_colin likes this.
  20. cola_colin

It does work like that, but that isnt helpful unless you know already you have idle fabbers onscreen. What about fabbers somewhere in random location I forgot about?

I think there is a severe bug with updates to the idle state of factories, the often only update when the factory/fabber in question is in view. If I queue up 5 dox to a bot factory and then move the camera to watch the other side of the planet then the idle number won't be updated even minutes later. Only when I move the camera to see the bot factory again it updates. This basically means that random factory on a foreign planet I forgot about will stay forgotten, because I would have to look for it before it tells me that it is idle. This "only updates if you observe" also affects the queue information of a factory. Select a factory, scroll away so you cannot see. Queue up units. The queue doesn't update, only when you can see the factory again.
    Fabbers seem to work, they are updated even when I don't observe them.