Release build 78071 is now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 12, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Released a mod that makes the new UI look a little cleaner, if anyone's interested its called Clean Control Bar on PAMM.
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Played another 8 player game and didn't noticed a performance boost. Sim speed went pretty slow again. I don't if we should notice a big improvement in performance? I did notice sim speed changing a lot.

the game.
    http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=286981

Didn't noticed a stutter now I think.

Gonna playtest it more soon. :)
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

From the tests I made in PTE already I don't think the performance changes are more than a few %. Probably they fix a few specific edge cases to be handled much better or something. Dunno which ones.
    Remy561, zihuatanejo and Alpha2546 like this.
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I just noticed this when spectating a game I ran on a custom server earlier. Whilst I'm on topic - is the spectator/caster UI going to get any love soon? I can think of so many potential improvements, such as more detail regarding which players have built which buildings (e.g. has anyone built nukes yet?), a condensed eco/army view and an expanded one with lots more detail, number of t2 factories as well as t1 factories, etc etc... :)

Agreed. The navigation improvements are noticeable, but all in all it is probably something like 5% - not that that is to be sniffed at, I appreciate the cleverness involved in that kind of optimisation. It concerns me that the sim process is too difficult to multi-thread though, which is arguably what needs to be done to deliver the most significant improvement. Apparently it can be done though... @cola_colin linked me to a game/engine whose name I forget that supposedly does this...? I yearn for fast, smooth, games on multiple planets with 20,30,40 people all playing at once! Thousands upon thousands of glorious units!
    Remy561 and warrenkc like this.
  5. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Does this mean that you can ofiicially create 11+ games?

I haven't played for a while
  6. zihuatanejo

Not officially, not yet anyway, but when they released offline play @ColaColin hacked the local server to work remotely, thus allowing us to edit hardcoded limits such as the number of players, spectators, and planets. And thus some of us have played games like these:

7. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@zihuatanejo
    Not exactly. When local servers were released, colin and other people figured out what was what, how to create custom games on custom servers etc. The hardcoded limits are just for Uber servers, custom servers always had the intention of no limits (you just need to tinker with js files in media/server-script). It's the interface that's lacking, 10+ player support is official but not from the official servers. If you see what I mean :p
  8. zihuatanejo

I know what you mean, I'm not sure what you mean by 'not exactly'. Not exactly what, exactly? lol!

Certainly the GUI does not support lots of players, they end up vanishing behind the eco bar and off the bottom of the screen :D
  9. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

Got a pathing issue where units get stuck between two factories which are build in line via drag-click. Happened to fabbers and also to the com, was not able to get the unit out there (only with reclaiming the factory).
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You can currently create 13 player games (10 players + 3 spectators). Having more than 11 players on an Uber server would cause the game to hang on the loading screen.
  11. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

Another note: As spectator the idle factory / fabber and unit groups menu should not be visible in my opinion.
  12. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

@jables okay so this is, on the scale of things, ultra, super minor, but why is it that the rocket_jet and rocket_jet_blue particles all have that weird white line at the end of them when zoomed out? There is a spurious line of very transparent blue/orange pixels along the top of the particle texture, but the white lines remain even when this is removed. Is it to do with the way the engine deals with textures?
  13. burrnout

burrnout New Member

the new update fucked my pa... my commander only builds eco and defence... i cant build any factorys anymore... please fix it! thank you
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

check if you have any mods enabled and test without them
    burrnout likes this.
  15. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Kiwi I have noticed that with your new mos I get a sustantial decrease in loading performance. When it takes no more than 15 seconds to load the game and then goes up to 3 minutes with your mod... It may be related to being semi transparent. Coukd you check it?
  16. burrnout

burrnout New Member

thank you very much! it worked
  17. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

if you have the time to check which mod was causing it, I'm sure the modder who made it would love to know
  18. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Pelican has priority for AA in this patch?
  19. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

that's stupid, now all we've got to do is build some pelicans and bombers will be practically invulnerable to ground aa
  20. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Priority compared to fighters i mean lol.