something different in the base defense tree.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by shotforce13, February 4, 2015.

1. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Some of my ideas are simple really.

Flame turret--would be neat.

ive always wanted the T1 single laser turret to be rapid fire/low damage like a vulcan cannon.

A solid beam cannon sounds good.

I was thinking of mounting the destroyers twin barrel cannons to a hard point it would be a good defense weapon.

Mines that stop units movement for a short time.

Not really a base defense, but i think gates would be cool (like cnc firestorm).
  2. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

I'd like a heavy rapid fire low accuracy turret. Able to target land and air by actually more of a danger to the units around its target than the target itself, unless firing at a battleship, commander, etc.

I would also be very interested in an unpacking turret. Or rather, a tank type unit slightly faster than bolos, that has ti unpack to fire.
  3. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

I really think that base defences could use a bit of an overhaul. All of the laser turrets are really just... The same turret with stat tweaks.

I feel like each turret should be particularly suited to different tasks, like beating back large attacks behind walls or preventing light raiding effectively.

My idea-

Basic Turrets:

Basic laser defence turret: Almost like what we have now, decent for fending off a small raiding party or sniping wandering fabbers. Give it a ammo system where it charges slower than it fires, so it has a decent initial burst, but low staying power. Very good against small amounts of dox that it can kill before it runs out of juice, not so good against just a few more.

Basic cannon turret: Fires a single, high damage fast projectile at a lower firing rate than laser turret. Better against tanks and infernos, slightly overkilling tanks and massively overkilling bots. Turret itself should be tanker than laser turret.

Basic Flame Turret:

Advanced defences-

Advanced Laser Turret: Faster, sustained firing with slightly higher damage. Shreds most basic units other than balls of infernos, and decent against advanced bots. Still, overkills dox pretty hard so not cost efficient vs them.

Advanced Cannon Turret: medium firing rate with medium damage and a decent splash radius. Higher single target damage with a weaker splash. Crushes dox, especially when they are mixed with other units.

Advanced Sniper Turret: Very, very high single target damage with slow firing rate. Get rid of those high health units or artillery, though not cost effective vs arty because of massive overkill.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Flame turrets are a bad idea unless you make them invisible to sight when not firing.
  5. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

Or surround them with mines. Then when the enemy rushes in light fast units to clear your flame tower they pop.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

we have cannon turrets in the form of the pelter already i rather would have the triple lazer turned into a gattling
    double laser should have more range but less rate of fire ...

what do you want with flameturrets? would require a propper cone to be anywhere near usefull ...
    Last edited: February 15, 2015
  7. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

Flame turrets stay underground if something comes close they popup and roast it.
    (not saying we need flameturrets)
  8. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

If it can shoot as far as Gil-Es or artillery, no. That'd be annoying as hell (just imagine sniper turret rushes). Maybe a high damage, relatively low range beam thingy or something like that?
  9. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

So... Annihilator? Doomsday Machine? Plz??
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Why are many around even suggesting bringing units from TA "back"?!
    Let them create something own, something awesome that got a real individual taste!

Personal Opionion on defense structures: We should get more diversity. We need something that got rapid fire, we need a defense turrent that can attack both air and land, but is pretty bad at both. Oh, and we need more defense structures that consume energy BTW!
  11. MrTBSC

we absolutly don't need a turret that fires at air and ground ... if it is pretty bad at both than it is a waste of time and resources
    bengeocth likes this.
  12. radongog

We also have an orbital platform that fires at all four layers and that one is pretty bad at all four of them, but pretty usefull anyways!
  13. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

Its actually the best orbital combat unit in the game by far (not hard when there are only 2) the fact that it can also shoot everything on the planet as well is just a bonus
  14. MrTBSC

anchors actualy are VERY good the way of how they deny areas is fairly effectiv as long as there aren´t mobile tac missiles they can take everything out else no problem which makes them relatively save ... the only quick reliable way is to take them out with avengers or deny anchor creep with umbrellas ...
    oh you also said we ALREADY have a defense that is able to attack everything ... so no need for another ... not to forget tacmissiles can attack more then one layer ... again you have that already ... seriously stop making airplay harder as it is ... bombers get wrecked with aa prio easily enough ... orbital invasion is a hercules labor in it self ...
    Last edited: February 16, 2015
  15. radongog

I´m also suggesting an Air Laser Fighter that is able to shoot at ground, naval and air! So yes, that´s a general concept I do support: Bring in more units with combo-layer attack capabilities!
    I LOVE how Bluehawks vs. Anchors has been realized. I love how Stingrays wreck down Tier I Air, I like how SXX are handling right now. Anyways, I just wanna have MORE of that stuff! :D