Changes in PA.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by naginacz, February 11, 2015.

1. naginacz

naginacz Member

For some time I observe with attention posts describing changes in the PTE.
    for example, this:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-build-77965-pte-now-up.67783/

In my opinion, the balance changes are coming in the right direction.
    Someone in UBER is doing an excellent job (I suspect Jables but I'm not sure if it's only he :)).

I would like to express my happiness and support :).

Thanks UBER! :D
    Last edited: February 11, 2015
  2. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

Ditto! It's becoming an amazing game. :) Oh and I should add that I only play single player against the ai. :)
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

what's so amazing about the latest balance changes?

I don't see amphib removed from bots? I don't see nerfs to the UC or Gaz giant or Anihilazor.
    ace63 likes this.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

But it's got a new hat!
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

@tvinita is the man in charge of the balance at the minute. Agree he has been a real breath of fresh air on the balance front, if you watch a stream during Ubers work hours you can be pretty sure he is there watching and taking notes.
    mered4, zihuatanejo, drz1 and 5 others like this.
  6. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

And why the hell should amphibian be removed from bots?!
    Why should the unit cannon be nerved?!

I do agree on the topic that Gas Giant and Annihilaser has to be reworked. But please, they´ve just done excellent work in balancing out Naval, rebalancing energy production and GroundToOrbit! Of course there are other problems that are still present, but I´m sure Uber knows! And they are definitely on the right track to fix them!
  7. naginacz

naginacz Member

That's exactly what I mean.
    PA balance is not perfect, but the changes are going to improve playability.
    I feel the breath of fresh air in the approach to the balance.
  8. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

I agree that their step by step approach is pretty the best choice for getting the balance in the right direction.
  9. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Would you take offense if I called you a negative Nancy? You know it's getting better, but it isn't very far along yet either.

Silly Tastu.
    bengeocth likes this.
  10. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

who the **** is asking for UC nerf?
    Nicb1 likes this.
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I think they have been a bit havnt they? Their accurracy has been reduced iirc
    Pendaelose likes this.
  12. theseeker2

that was a buff, since the umbrella now has to actually move its turret a bit to shoot down the next pod, so it takes more time to kill all the pods.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

nah, it's not like me to take offense that easily.

no I just think there's nothing fantastic about the straightfoward. sure we've been DYING, beeding ourselves dry waiting for these naval changes but it's nothing Uber had to invent. There were basically lain out specs to apply in age-old posts and mods.

I still think balance is imperfect. I'm sure I'm not alone there :p

and yea, I maintain. Amphibious capability on such a large percentage of the unit roster (especially when tanking into account the likelyhood of use percentage of each unit) is completely imba.

The UC? totally imba. it's the best unit in the game by far. why nuke? why kew? why annihilazor in a competitive senario? you just want to loose if you're opting for those rather than the UC. the UC can end the game in record time compared to the rest.

the gaz giant? why not call it the imba giant? much more fitting. Yeah I'm gonna look like the old runt ranting on about "OP this" "nerf that", fine. I'll assume.

It needs to be said. someone needs to say it.
  14. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Sounds like you just want a perfect game right here, right now, rather than letting Uber tweak each piece bit by bit. Uber is making awesome progress towards these balances and I'm honestly incredibly impressed by their consistent pace they have been working. Not to mention they're making sure to ask the PLAYER Base what is fair with using the PTE as a test platform, rather than forcing it to stable and make everyone play patches that may not even balance anything out properly.

Uber is doing an incredible job with their balance patches and I am glad to see how closely they interact with their playerbase rather than making everyone play their way.
    drz1, theseeker2, wilhelmvx and 4 others like this.
  15. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

I'm really excited with where things are going. I hadn't really played much at all since Galactic War was first added, so I haven't had the slow trickle of updates... They've changed more in the past year than most games change in a lifetime. I'm really excited with where they're going.

The only sore spot for me is orbital. The UI has been improved a lot over where it was a year ago, even if it's still not perfect, and the anchor/avenger balance is still begging for a third unit, it's still better now than it was when the anchor was first added.
  16. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

The UC can be countered by building one or two umbrellas in important locations (umbrellas are way cheaper than the UC btw) and having a reasonable army. It's not OP. 2 umbrellas per UC you want to counter? That's not bad at all. If they have enough UC's to bypass all of your umbrellas stingrays and catapults, you're either doing it wrong, or they have a shitton of UC's... Not OP in my book.

As for the gas giant, it's only OP because jigs are OP. Make jigs like they are in Orbital Warfare Overhaul, and they suddenly become a lot more balanced...
  17. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Jigs are OP, plus no orbital nukes. =c
    DalekDan and Nicb1 like this.
  18. emraldis

yep.
  19. theseeker2

jigs are about as OP as mex spots, what's the big deal, exactly?
  20. emraldis

uhh the fact that you can build them anywhere on the largest planet in the game, they give you more than a basic mex and an advanced mex put together, plus the fact that they give you ridiculous amounts of energy?