When/If Atmospherics get implemented, a 'Atmospheric Density' slider would be cool.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eroticburrito, February 7, 2015.

?

Ooooo?

1. Acceptable.

100.0%
  2. Unacceptable!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Lots of new Commanders too.
  2. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

I agree too, here is an old post with some suggestions https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ncement-of-planet-terrain.66244/#post-1040153
    blightedmythos likes this.
  3. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Oh that's right, I completely forgot about all the commanders. What a terrible waste of resources. Imagine if that energy was put towards new usable units / the environments. Do we REALLY need 25 commanders? I mean, if they actually added something different to the gameplay or were all different somehow maybe it would be worth while. I'd much rather have 24 more units and or some better looking landscapes and features.
  4. blightedmythos

It's not just tropical and you would know this if you actually played it. It's obvious to me you haven't so your point is invalid.

Are you sure your aren't theseeker2's alternate account, or related to him?
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

There are nearly 100+ commanders AFAIK.

The majority of the commanders are all fulfillments of the 1000$ KS backer tier, so yes... They're needed.
  6. squishypon3

Also no Igncom is in no way theseek2's alt, he's been here since before he was even here actually I believe, plus the way they act and speak are totally different.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Nearly 100+...

-infinity<x<infinity
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. squishypon3

Shush you.
  9. blightedmythos

Wow totally unnecessary. You could just as easily have a 2-3 special commanders for all the backers. I am in shock, like blown away by the stupidity of this.

Huuuuge waste of resources, what a bummer. Those resources could have better been spent a hundred different ways. It's poor decisions like this is the reason the game is rated so low.
  10. squishypon3

Without those 1000$ backers the game may have lost a good portion of it's money! o.o
  11. blightedmythos

There are plenty of other games that manage to have backers without crafting over 100's of 3d objects. There are so many other ways to entice backers. Art books, merchandise, 1 or 2 commanders that everyone shares. Look at what Grinding Gear Games did, and they are free to play! They didn't have to make 100+ different character models to do so.
  12. squishypon3

That was the majority of like 50, 60, 90, 200, 250, etc... 1000 backers got an actual custom commander. The other things were kind of already taken. Just go look at their original KS page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-generation-rts
    eroticburrito likes this.
  13. christer1966

christer1966 Member

Dude, get over it. Whats done is done and I think it is actually quite nice what uber is doing with the custom commanders, even though I don't get one made for me. The rest of the stuff will come, just have patience.
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  14. blightedmythos

It's not cool, it only benefits a handful of people while wasting a ton of resources and it's a spit in the face to everyone else who supported the game. No wondering the game has seen very few visual improvements in the last 10 months. Poor management decision.
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

o_O It was a kickstarter reward for the $1000 tier.

upload_2015-2-8_18-49-40.png

So 91 in total to be made. If they didn't make them, that's nearly $100,000 they would not have received.

Those were all already in as rewards for lower tiers. But you aren't going to get people putting down $1000 for a bit of merchandise or an art book.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  16. blightedmythos

There are literally HUNDREDS of indie developers that manage to get backers without having to make 91 art assets wasting resources. Hell they could have done design a unit, and we'd at least have 91 more units instead.
  17. christer1966

christer1966 Member

They did design a unit as well but only 6 people backed at that level. Again I say to you: patience is a virtue, use it if you can. Work on planets will come, along with work on GW. Please can we get back on topic?
    MrTBSC and eroticburrito like this.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Lol, nope.

And yes, it is just tropical, whether you want to believe it or not.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so it is a spit in the face tooooo ... only you ... a tiny minority ... you are not one to dictate uber how to work .. the kscommndertier was there already people liked and wanted it ... get over it ...

ok then tell me which of those indies ever tryed to make a grand scale rts game that features planets that function as multiple maps with a space layer and those planets being able to be used as KEW 's? none of them ... you say the commanders are a waste of resources yet people and uber allow them to be purchaseable so they can get additional money in other words more resources ...
    and unlike units commanders are functionalwise no different so they would have to put in far FAR more work into those 91 units than these 91 commanders that are only visualy different ...
    Last edited: February 9, 2015
    christer1966 likes this.
  20. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Let's get back to talking about Atmospherics now please. If you want to talk about Uber's business strategies, go and open a thread. Or, better yet, post in one of the several dozen dedicated to flaming.

I'll report any future mudslinging.
    websterx01 and christer1966 like this.