Hearthstone

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by trialq, February 6, 2015.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I play Hearthstone from time to time, and wonder how many from here do too. PA and hearthstone are pretty much the only games I play, aside from nostalgia binges. Never played wow except for one of the RTS games. Hearthstone is good for when I don't feel like concentrating too much, often I'll be watching a PA video or doing something else at the same time. The APM requirements are also pretty good ;)
  2. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

I play pretty often just to do the daily quests. Its an alright game, and I find a decent well-supported digital card game appealing.

It has changed my personal definition of what a p2w game is though, and I find a lot of the newer naxx and mech cards really un-fun to play against.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Faeria ruined CCGs for me.

There hasn't been one I've liked as much since, including the most recent public Faeria playtest.
  4. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Faeria was definitely the better CG in concept.

I just don't think they had the experience, resources, or rep to pull it off. Also, I genuinely believe that f2p is the only way to sustain a CG.
    Last edited: February 7, 2015
  5. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I just don't find the inherent random draw and such of Card Games fun. HS is well polished and pretty simple to pick up, but the genre isn't appealing to me - at SEGA everyone would play HS during lunch break, and I'd just try squeeze in a match of Starcraft 2
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I don't know how much I agree with it being P2W necessarily, it seems that it's more pay to have choice. The best competitive cheap (ie minimal dust cost) decks are still warlock zoo, mech mage and hunter imo. They're fine but pretty boring to play, once you have the cards you can go nuts with other competitive decks. That said, arena is the great equaliser, that and quests is what I did almost exclusively to build up a set and use cards I didn't have. I just wish that they would let you choose the type of pack you win at the end of an arena, as that would help new players out a lot to build up their set.
  7. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Yeah. It's really a shame. Living card games do a really good job in the physical format, I just don't know of any digital ones. I was hoping Faeria would be the first to go for it.

The newest build was so completely different it's like they aren't the same game. Global strikeback, no action points, and the ability to always build lands adjacent to your creatures. It's changed so much since the public alpha that I've considered making a retooled physical version of the old game so that it would at least survive in some form.