PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Interesting orbital changes. I'm glad all that legacy code got ditched from the radars.

Also, a significant radar nerf. Forward radars will be super important now :D
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. jables

jables Uber Employee

If you do get any crashes on this PTE, please post the client and server logs here and we can get them taken care of.

Logs located in:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Sub-selection buttons work, although I think I'd want 'land' more than bot/vehicle. I guess removing air will work as well as ever.

All-in-view buttons do not work.

I don't see any idle controls. Where should I be looking?

Control groups buttons seem to work okay.

(Yes, I hit disable-all in PAMM)
  4. wondible

Selection and idle UI issues occur on OS X but not windows.

Suggestion: double-click on idle to jump.
    Remy561 and cdrkf like this.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Basically here is crash you're talking about:
    http://crashes.uberent.com/report/index/715dffb4-d8d6-41ad-a851-626ed2150114
    You can make sure on your own that nvoglv64.dll isn't part of the game.

Also according to that player report crash only start to occur after 344 driver:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/anyone-tried-to-run-pa-with-sli.67259/#post-1059894
    So it's why I saying it's Nvidia bug.
  6. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Thanks for your help Jables. I deleted my old logs and got the game to do a brand new crash just for you!

Here is the SLI crash when creating a system with mods disabled:

Attached Files:

7. jables

jables Uber Employee

Great! I'll get an engineer to take a look. We do talk to nvidia, so if it ends up being a bug on their side, we can see what can be done.
  8. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
    Remy561, mered4 and jables like this.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Em, am I the only one seeing a massive problem with mines right now? This will turn game play really sour.
  10. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Nope, elodea and I were just talking about it in IRC, and I was just about to comment about it. I really don't like the sound of "only combat fabbers can see mines".

Means you're forced to mix combat fabbers into your armies (and/or micromanage them almost constantly if they're moving into new territory), which means you'll waste metal repairing them, probably. Or you use combat fabbers to scout?!

It just sounds so horribly tedious.
    Quitch and cptconundrum like this.
  11. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

cheese detected
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  12. wondible

- SXX rate of fire cut in half (I read it as drawing more power in the build notes)
    - lifetime removed from a few projectiles, assuming it's not too significant

- New AI test: CanDeployLandFromBase
    - new scene: live_game_control_group_bar
    - option bar mods take note: buttons got a a new class btn_std_ix
    - new ai personality parameters: factory_build_delay_min/max
    - a bunch of new api.select methods
    - a few new api methods for landing zone rules (min-max players in evidence)
    - common.js touched
    tollman and Remy561 like this.
  13. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Just banging that AMD/ATI high brightness drum, bang! bang! bang!

Also - Holy crap! "UI: HUD: Added controls to select idle fabbers/factories" I am at work right now, I need to tell the boss i am sick, so i can race home and try this myself. :D
    nixtempestas likes this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I think I know how to improve this new UI.

Currently it is gunmetal grey and looks like a solid block on the bottom.

I think it should be translucent, less opaque, because then it would look streamlined and clean.
    Remy561, christer1966 and zihuatanejo like this.
  15. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

You SHOULD be bringing combat fabbers along with you everywhere, even before this update...
    b8factor, MrTBSC and philoscience like this.
  16. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I tested the buttons on the Steam PTE. They all worked as intended. Can you give me more details?

The idle fabber/factory widget should appear above the quick select buttons on the bottom left. They only appear when you have an idle fabber/factory.
  17. Deletive

Deletive Member

LOVE IT
    b8factor and philoscience like this.
  18. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Yes! I'll get some firecrackers, they make a terrific racket when set off in enclosed spaces like offices. Every patch release means without fix, another firecracker at some random unexpected part of the day. Whoever said there was no such thing as a brown note?

That is one mod I'd like nothing better than to see made obsolete...
  19. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

And yet nobody has done, for months and months. Apparently because the metal spent repairing your units is better spent building new ones. So I guess if you fix that, it makes it more viable.

But I still think this change brings about extra micro'ing and tedium.
    mered4 likes this.
  20. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

First impressions from my AI and sandbox games:

Orbital Changes:

The umbrella buff means the SXX can no longer go 1v1 with an umbrella. Now, this is not a terrible thing, but it mainly means that the only mobile orbital->ground unit in the game is essentially useless against its direct counter. I'm willing to bet you only need four-five umbrellas to essentially eliminate the possibility of any snipes, unit cannon or SXX. You thought stalemates were bad now? Wait until folks hit late game and realize the only option is to use halleys or catalysts. This is ugly. Actually, this is downright terrifying. Talk about a fortress planet. You won't be able to snipe a single mex, much less the commander.

I can only assume this is a placeholder change before some more in-depth changes to orbital are put in place. Please reconsider. I'll try and make some good games to showcase this over the weekend when I'm not working :)

Combat fabbers + walls on the move? Forget it. We in the Realm won Clan Wars without it, because this game is about macro, not micro. Sorry.

Those mines tho......

Oh boy. I can already hear custard's insane giggles.

Radar changes:

Didn't really notice it much, but I'll have more when I play some actual games :)

UI Changes:

I love it. I never needed it, but now I have more of a reason to use control groups more often.
    Remy561 likes this.